June 2012 Weddings

Shoe Cushions

What types of shoe cushions are y'alll putting in your wedding shoes?

Re: Shoe Cushions

• I haven't even picked out my shoes yet! darn it! any suggestions on cushions?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • I have little gel ones for the front of mine.  No idea what brand they are.
  • I ordered some foot petals brand cushions for my shoes today.  I got one for the back of my heel just to make the shoe a little more snug and then they also had a longer one for the whole shoe to cushion the foot and to keep it from sliding around.  I'm hoping they work well like the reviews say!  Also if you order from their site and google coupon codes for them then you should be able to find a 20% off one which I used and it actually worked!
  • I still don't have my shoes!  :(    However, I always put ball-of-foot cushions in my heels.. I swear it changes everything.  Keeps your toes from scrunching at the front of the shoe.  DSW has them by their checkout.
  • I'm not wearing any. My shoes are super comfortable
  • I don't think any shoes are comfortable after 9 hours in them. Even flats.
  • I wear heels all the time ( rather tall heels). I use band aids if the shoe feels tight on any of my toes 
    ( narrow shoes). I also use gel pads .
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good question. I think I may try out a couple different types to see which ones I like best. It might be pricy, but like you Kelsey, even in flats my shoes aren't comfy after 9 hours of being on your feet.

• I ordered some through Avon but they didn't work too good. They felt good on my feet, but the lifted my big toes into my shoes and were hurting me. I might have to think of something else or break my shoes in more.
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the gel ones that are sold at the checkouts of DSW's (can't remember the brand). I haven't gotten my shoes yet but will likely put the cushions on the ball of the foot and in the heel of my left foot because it's smaller than my right foot and tends to slide around more. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wasn't planning on adding anything to my shoes. I'll just switch to flip-flops when I feel like it.
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shoe-cushions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ecadf4fe-71e6-4317-b38f-be26bd4a176bPost:17ae3c28-35d2-41f9-b377-c69711a3abb2">Re: Shoe Cushions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't planning on adding anything to my shoes. I'll just switch to flip-flops when I feel like it.
    Posted by kipnus[/QUOTE]

<div>This is my thought as well.  I don't intend to stay in my heels for much longer after our first dance and our ceremony should not be more than 20 minutes.</div>
  • Has anyone tried the Dr. Scholl's full shoe gel inserts that Stacy London from What Not to Wear is the spokesperson for?
  • I have never heard of this.... I guess this wuold be a good idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shoe-cushions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ecadf4fe-71e6-4317-b38f-be26bd4a176bPost:e401328f-7c05-4af0-9ff9-015bd93d1bcb">Re: Shoe Cushions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone tried the Dr. Scholl's full shoe gel inserts that Stacy London from What Not to Wear is the spokesperson for?
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

I overheard a few people at the work talking about them.  They said they are really comfortable and the nurses like them.  I'm thinking of getting a set to try out when I'm on my feet all day.
  • i got these cushions called "sock-shions" from Sheec. They are AMAZING!!! They are like a two in one sock + cushion! My feet had added cushion and on top of that since it's like a sock it absorbs the sweat (not like the gel pads that get sticky and gross!). EVERY bride should get these for heels or flats. You can buy them at sheecs.com (And now I wear them to work with my work shoes...just amazing!!)
  • For all you July brides there is a sale going on for Sheec on amazon.com right now! I wish there was this deal when I got married! It's 10% discount and also free shipping if you purchase $25 or more. I got these for my entire bridal party and it would have been great if they had them then. Anyway check it out. Go to amazon.com and type i sheec and look for the sock-shions. Promo code: AMZ10SS7. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards