Wisconsin
Options

Reception Venue In Milwaukee

Has anyone held or attended a wedding reception at the Pfister or Intercontinental in Milwaukee? Cuvee?  Looking for opinions on the venues. 

Thanks!

Re: Reception Venue In Milwaukee

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My 12-11-10 wedding reception was at the InterContinental and everyone said it was fabulous!  My guests loved that the food came out hot, and was delicious, the staff coordinator, Bridget, is phenomenal.  She made everything run smoothly.  I couldn't recommend them enough.  The ballroom is a clean palate for you do to what you want unlike the Pfister.  Don't get me wrong the Pfister is nice too, but more ornate.  So you have to decide what you want.  

Again, everything was wonderful at the InterCon.  You won't be disappointed!  

Cheers!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love the Pfister.  If we have the budget, I would've wanted my wedding there or the Milwaukee Art Museum.  I love the Pfister ballrooms - both of them.  When I was in high school, we had our father-daughter dances at the Pfister in the ballrooms.  The food is delightful and the space is beautiful.  The service received is great!

I've never been to the InterContinental for anything so I couldn't tell you much about it, but from those I know who have been to events there, it's nice.

We looked at Cuvee.  The space is kind of awkward, but I love the champagne lounge.  Part of the reason why we did not choose Cuvee was due to the strange shape of the space for what we were envisioning.  Also, the events coordinator was just plain stupid - she beat around the bush for all questions that we asked and wasn't helpful at all.  Thankfully, she no longer works there and you would ideally get better service than we did.  Cuvee you would definitely have to do valet parking, as it would be hard to find any street parking available to your guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JackimalynJackimalyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything you mentioned but Cuvee was out of our price range but we looked at Cuvee pretty seriously. It was gorgeous and we would have loved to have had it there. Ultimately though we decided against it for many reasons:
    1. Charge for everything... it added up FAST
    2. No parking really and we would have had to hire a valet
    3. A lot of bad reviews on the coordinator (Constance) She was OK with us but not too responsive. I didnt want to have to worry the day of
    4. They dont do barrels of beer, only bottles. We wanted to provide a few kegs
    5. Limited caterers 

Good luck :)
  • Options
    HPollenHPollen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having our reception at the Intercontinental in October.  Planning has been great, Bridget at the the Intercontinental has been fabulous! I would recommend this venue and staff :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lizshanelizshane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our reception at InterContinental in July (about 200 guests). Also, my stepsister did a brunch at the InterContinental the day after her wedding last summer and it was really nice. I haven't worked too closely with the coordinator there but my Mom loves her.

I think the Pfister would be better if you want more of a formal, traditional, opulent reception and the InterContinental would be better for a more modern reception. We were looking at Cuvee as a reception site too but had some trouble getting in touch with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards