Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Hello!

I just discovered the local board after months of lurking around on the international boards and wanted to introduce myself!

My name is Katie, I live with my FI in Eagan. Our wedding is on Sept 10 of this year, we're getting married where I grew up - Farmington. I work at a clinic in Apple Valley, and the FI works at a contractor's office in St Paul.

Tell me about yourself :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! And congrats :)

My name is Kayla, my FI is Tory.  Our wedding is on June 18 in his hometown about an hour south of the Twin Cities and the reception is in Shakopee.  Glad you stumbled upon the MSP boards!!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi and welcome!

ETA:  i forgot to tell you about myself.

fi and i have been together 15 mos, getting married sept 16 (if booking works out, may have to change to fit site availability).  we have a 2 year old (FI adopting as part of the wedding, DS will be included in the ceremony). 

we are currently house hunting and hope to find something we love soon, and if we find one soon enough we'll have a celebration after at our new home!

we are both in IT and are pretty tech-obsessed.
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Congrats on getting married.  I am Jen and my Fi's name is Justin.  Justin is from the cities area and Iam from rual MN.  We are moving to CO in a couple of weeks but coming back for the wedding in Janaury. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcom to the board!  You'll love these ladies, they're amazing!!  = )

I'm Andrea & my FI is Michael.  I'm 25 & he's 27.  We've been together a little over 5 years & will be getting married on September 9th, 2011. 

You should swing over to the September 2011 board too, those girls are great too!  = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & welcome! I'm Amber & my husband is Kyle, just got married 04/09/11 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board:) Glad you found us. You will find a ton of helpful info here, for sure. I just became the new mod a few days ago, but soon after my finals I will be revamping the MSP bio a bit to include some updated info. Check that for sure in a few weeks! Good luck planning, :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  We live right around the same area!  I see you've picked the ever popular 9.10.11 :0)  I'm Lisette and my FI is Tom.  We're getting married 9.30.11 in Eagan, reception in Mpls.  I also second Andi's suggestion, swing over to the Sept 2011 board :0)
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    katiebeth17katiebeth17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for introducing yourselves and the kind welcome!

@musicalsunlight - I will for sure! Congrats on the marriage!

@SuperRNluvsChef - my FI picked out the date, I didn't have a choice :D We started looking for venues right away because of how popular it is. Luckily, we found something in Farmington of all places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome and congrats  :)  Farmington will be nice... It's a cute area.  I have cousins from there, one of which whom, I am in her wedding on Friday in Lakeville  :)

This board was sooo helpful in planning my wedding and most of my vendors were recommended from here.  It's also a great place to get an unbiased opinion or just to share in your wedding excitement. 

I'm Kari, I got married on March 19th (but still hang around to see other gal's weddings though, offer input etc) and my Husband and I live in Blaine with our 2 year old son.  I work Downtown Minneapolis.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you check out the Sept board you'll see you have a wealth of date twins.  We thought about that date originally but I wasn't in the mood fighting for vendors with such a popular date.  What clinic do you work at in AV? 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  My name is Lindsey, FI is Josh.  We're getting married June 18, 2011 in western Wisconsin.  I come on this board, since we are a suburb of MSP and all of our vendors are from the area.  We live in LA so I've been planning a wedding from 2000 miles a way.
  • Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome and congrats!!! I'm Markina, and my FI is Andy. We are from the south metro as well. We currently live in Burnsville...I work in downtown MPLS and Andy works in Lakeville.

Our wedding is 8/20/11 at Treasure Island in Red Wing.

All the girls on this board are so nice and helpful. Thanks for introducing yourself and best of luck planning your wedding!

• Options
    katiebeth17katiebeth17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at Apple Valley Medical Center in Family Practice as a CMA. Thinking about nursing school, but it's all up in the air.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HOLA! (I don't speak Spanish but like to mix it up)

I'm Shannan FI is David. We've been together over 7 years, High School sweethearts and have my LD for the last 6 yrs. We wont be living together until 3 months after the wedding. FI is a Pilot in the United States Air Force and my job is far less interesting than his. :)
    Our wedding is almost a month away, it'll take place May 28th, 2011.
  • Options
    lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

My name is Laura and my husband's name is Mark. We got married on 04/02/11 :) Now I just lurk around the boards to fill the void in my life that used to be wedding planning! lol  We live in Burnsville.

Can't wait to hear/see more details about your wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!  Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!  This is definitely a great board, I got 75% of my vendors based on recommendations from the wonderful ladies here :)

My name is Jenn, FI is Greg, and we are getting married September 17, 2011 - right after you!  We just bought a house in Chanhassen (Chanhappenin' if you prefer) and are moving in a month.

I highly recommend nursing school if you think you might be interested!!  I am a nurse, just finished my masters in anesthesia so now a CRNA, and I think nursing is pretty much the best career ever :) 

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!  This board is fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards