April 2012 Weddings

Lots of checks today... One month to go tomorrow!

Oh my, what a super busy wedding planning day! Met with the majority of our vendors to hammer everything out for the big day... purchased wedding rings... started rehearsal dinner planning... finalized where the money all needs to go and when... timeline/music/other fun figured out. Only bummer was trying to get marriage license, turned away because they only accept check or M.O.... grrr... at least now we know where the court house is and that it's pretty much dead during the day since we won't have a chance to go back until the Friday before the wedding. Now just a couple more DIY's, scuba certification, and last meeting with photog! Plus bachelorette party this weekend, woo hoo!

Re: Lots of checks today... One month to go tomorrow!

• Sounds like you are ready! Good to know about the marriage license, thanks for sharing! What are your plans for your bachelorette? Have so much fun!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Elaine, I think it depends on which courthouse you go to, so I would suggest calling before you go just to make sure. For bachelorette party, we're meeting at my house to start (BMs have come thing up there sleeve :), then heading to Az-88 and old town for drinks and dancing. Have you had your syet?
  • Great feeling to have those checks done....so soon!
  • Just wanted to throw this out there, mostly for everybody.  But I would double check with the courthouse on getting your marriage license.  Here, we have to up to 30 days before the wedding to get it, but once we get it there is a 72 hr waiting period.  If you are planning to get it on the Friday before your wedding and the wedding is Sunday, I'd hate for there to be a waiting period and you not be able to get married.  It may not be that way where you are, but just saying.

GL on all the checks!
  • We have a 30-day timeframe here in Missouri too and i think 48-72 hours waiting period as well.  We are planning to get ours next week.
    @Future Mrs. Wright--- Wow thats a lot of checks!!!
    I too have my Bachelorette party this Saturday and can't wait. Have no idea what the girls have planned.

Photobucket
  • We got our marriage license yesterday.  No waiting period here.  We had to have cash or money order too.  Different requirements everywhere.
  • Future Mrs. Wright, Sounds like a fun time in Old Town! Mine is in 2 weeks :). We rented a hotel room in Old Town and are going for mani/pedi's and then hanging out by the pool, dinner at The Mission and then dancing somewhere :). I do have my shower this weekend though which I'm so excited about. Thanks again for the license tip, I will call ahead.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_lots-of-checks-today-one-month-to-go-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4e8899e2-3a99-45cc-b1d3-646676bbc84bPost:18665b03-1222-44fd-8068-3156f2f41d55">Re: Lots of checks today... One month to go tomorrow!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to throw this out there, mostly for everybody.  But I would double check with the courthouse on getting your marriage license.  Here, we have to up to 30 days before the wedding to get it, but once we get it there is a 72 hr waiting period.  If you are planning to get it on the Friday before your wedding and the wedding is Sunday, I'd hate for there to be a waiting period and you not be able to get married.  It may not be that way where you are, but just saying. GL on all the checks!
    Posted by MBS0310[/QUOTE]

AZ doesn't have a waiting period... We could actually get married the same day if we wanted. I know that it needs to be done within a year though. Thank you for the heads up!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_lots-of-checks-today-one-month-to-go-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4e8899e2-3a99-45cc-b1d3-646676bbc84bPost:c1249df9-8b79-4f4b-82d0-eee3831423a1">Re: Lots of checks today... One month to go tomorrow!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Future Mrs. Wright,
    Sounds like a fun time in Old Town! Mine is in 2 weeks :). We rented a hotel room in Old Town and are going for mani/pedi's and then hanging out by the pool, dinner at The Mission and then dancing somewhere :). I do have my shower this weekend though which I'm so excited about.

Thanks again for the license tip, I will call ahead.
    Posted by Elainepoyerd[/QUOTE]

Fun! Have a blast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards