North Carolina

Wedding planners?

do wedding planners get paid referral fees /kickbacks by their suggested vendors? Is this why they send you to only selected vendors? I'm not real thrilled with this practice. Anyone have an answer to this, maybe someone who has worked in the wedding industry.
Sheepdoglover

Re: Wedding planners?

• edited December 2011
    My planner has never done that...if I need a vendor she will suggest several and we weight the pros/cons to each vendor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dirty Secret Time:  My very good friend is an assistant at one of the companies in Raleigh and yes they will tell you they accept no "kick backs" but they do.  It may be disguised as a referrel fee, finder's fee or affiliate program.    It may be a big ole Christmas gift also, shoes or a birthday massage.

Here's my advice.  Go to their blog and just look at their vendors.  Every wedding they do looks all the same.  Why not just book the vendors direct.
  • kerriqueenkerriqueen member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a wedding planner in the Charlotte area. I have heard of some doing that, but I honestly think it's wrong. Any discounts should be given directly to the bride.

I like the advice from Andrea. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bg75133bg75133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding planner and I do not receive any kickbacks or referral fees from the vendors I suggest.

If you need an honest wedding planner let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards