New York-New York City

Stay away from the Tosca Marquee Bronx, NY!!!

They are completely unprofessional, I called to set up an appointment at noon for a meeting regarding using this venue for my reception. Charles was supposed to call me back to set an appointment. He did return my call at 10:30 at night!! Then we proceeded to set up an appointment for the folling thurs at 2pm, needless to say everyone showed up but him!!! STAY AWAY from that establishment if he decides to conduct himeself like a professional at some point (like calling you at a decent hour) he may ruin the most important day of your life!!

Re: Stay away from the Tosca Marquee Bronx, NY!!!

• JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to this place, but your post sounds pretty dramatic. Your phone call was returned...the same day. I would be upset but not to the extent you sound.
    I'm sorry things didn't work out for you there, and I hope you find another venue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you.  But I would definitely reconsider.  I just got married at Tosca Marquee this past July 31, 2010 and I can only say wonderful things about this establishment and Charles.  The service was outstanding.  My guest repeatedly asked me how did we find this place.  The food was delicious, the drinks are to die for and the staff was extremely attentive. 

• kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that your first experience with Tosca with unpleasant. Tosca was on my short list of venues. I loved the clean, simple loft style. I found Charles to be quite professional and friendly during our meetings. I also found the menu impressive. I don't think you should write Tosca off yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "he may ruin the most important day of your life!! "

Overdramatic, party of you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • edited December 2011

I'm getting married there.  I'll be honest, once I called him and he took a while to call back.  He was very apologetic about it.  These things happen with all kinds of vendors. 

I had  tasting there and the food was absolutely fabulous.  The venue is very pretty without being overdone.  And the prices are very reasonable for what you get.  Still, if you don't feel comfortable, then try another place.  Or, you could also talk to them about your concerns and see how it is handled. 

• MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I woudl actually be really impressed wtih a vendor that returned my call that late at night - it shows they are willing to work off hours if that's what it takes to get to me that day.  The not showing up part...yeah, that's not cool.  But I don't think these actions are any indication that they would ruin your wedding.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_stay-away-tosca-marquee-bronx-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:8ae7ddc0-2ff5-471a-977a-9c8e1c357a9ePost:d4915e4d-ed09-4c0b-a621-aa8b3ae4dcce">Stay away from the Tosca Marquee Bronx, NY!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are completely unprofessional, I called to set up an appointment at noon for a meeting regarding using this venue for my reception. Charles was supposed to call me back to set an appointment. He did return my call at 10:30 at night!! Then we proceeded to set up an appointment for the folling thurs at 2pm,<strong> needless to say everyone showed up but him!!!</strong> STAY AWAY from that establishment if he decides to conduct himeself like a professional at some point (like calling you at a decent hour) he may ruin the most important day of your life!!
    Posted by gariprincess[/QUOTE]
    So basically someone else was there to help you and show you around, right?  I'm not really seeing the problem. I think that there are two different people who handle bookings and whatnot.  Who exactly did you see?
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate when someone comes onto the boards just to bad mouth a vendor. I bet this person never comes back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    FYI this thread is a violation of TK rules:

"Please keep in mind that The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly, or if an official complaint is appropriate, you may contact the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org.&quot;
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_stay-away-tosca-marquee-bronx-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:8ae7ddc0-2ff5-471a-977a-9c8e1c357a9ePost:669a6f1e-b612-4d74-ab01-8958780dad35">Re: Stay away from the Tosca Marquee Bronx, NY!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FYI this thread is a violation of TK rules: "Please keep in mind that The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly, or if an official complaint is appropriate, you may contact the Better Business Bureau at <a href="http://www.bbb.org."" rel="nofollow">www.bbb.org."</a>
    Posted by Goldlie11[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking about deleting but I think some good points have been brought up (that calling at night is actually a good thing, and that more than one person may handle the booking at a venue), so I think I'll leave it.  Unless Alison disagrees, if she wants to delete I'm fine with that too.

We allow complaints on here frequently, so I don't want to delete just because we all think this complaint is overreacting.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • marisa17marisa17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had a bad experience but, I think Charles is a good guy. We've booked our reception there for next year and I've heard nothing but good things about working with Tosca Marquee. Yes, he didn't return the call when you thought he should have but he told me this: He is always out and about in the venue and can't respond to all email inquiries and calls right away. He called you back at 10:30pm that's dedication..He even gave my FI and I suggestions on centerpiece designs.  Good guy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

I love my soon-to-be husband!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_stay-away-tosca-marquee-bronx-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:8ae7ddc0-2ff5-471a-977a-9c8e1c357a9ePost:d371fc62-38c8-4bbc-b73d-90118ccbd9eb">Re: Stay away from the Tosca Marquee Bronx, NY!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay away from the Tosca Marquee Bronx, NY!!! : Yeah, I was thinking about deleting but I think some good points have been brought up (that calling at night is actually a good thing, and that more than one person may handle the booking at a venue), so I think I'll leave it.  Unless Alison disagrees, if she wants to delete I'm fine with that too. We allow complaints on here frequently, so I don't want to delete just because we all think this complaint is overreacting.
    Posted by Mrs.Kocal[/QUOTE]<div>That's fine.  I was trying to let the OP know that we're not supposed to start thread with the sole purpose of bad-mouthing a vendor.    I think it's strange that someone would choose to make their very first post a complaint.   Especially a kind of unfounded complaint.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on being a newly wed !!!!

I hope this doesn't sound intrusive but I'm considering Tosca Marquee for my wedding reception and I was curious to know what are the different price ranges they offer there. I would love to know details too, If you don't mind =] If you don't want to publicly post that information, would you please send me a private message.

Thanks so much in advance <3 
  • edited December 2011

The prices for Tosca Marquee are under the "Menu" link on the home page. They have different packages and you can find not just the price but also a breakdown of each one.

• edited December 2011
    Hi, has anyone had their wedding in "the Loft"? I plan to have 70 guests at my wedding and a dance floor is a must. Do you think the space will be large enough?
  • Felix11376Felix11376 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my wedding with Melissa and she was great. Very nice and happy to help. If you are have 70 people get the best dinner menu and you can have the hole room. We are Having 120 people. Half the room is for dinner and dance and the other have is going to be set up for the loft.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards