Arizona-Phoenix

Honeymoon Questions...

So originally a nice Honeymoon was not in the budget. But we have been really good about saving, found some wonderful & well priced vendors and now we have a budget for a honeymoon! To top it off my mom even offered to help us pay for it!!

Sooo, now I feel like I have no idea where to start!! FI and I are thinking perhaps Cabo/somewhere in Mexico or Hawaii. We are thinking of a budget of $2000 so Mexico is more appealing since we can do all inclusive....

So what are you ladies doing, did you use a travel agent?? And for the budget brides (like me) how did you find the best deals??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Questions...

• jadel74jadel74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm. I guess start with when your wedding is and do some weather research. Is it on-season in your location? Or, is it off-season. Off season will make your hotel rooms cheaper and the location would be less crowded. When is hurrican season in the location?

There are a lot of all-inclusive resorts all over Mexico and the Carribbean.  It wouldn't hurt to use a travel agent-they get good deals on rooms and it doesn't cost you anything. We're going on a cruise because we got a killer deal on it by booking it way in advance (I booked it a year ago and the wedding is still 5 months away).  I also work for an airline, so we do have an advantage with discounts and whatnot, but travel agents get the same hotel discount benefits that I do.

You can also consider registering for your honeymoon through Traveler's Joy or Marriott. We're using Travelers Joy. We decided we have a house full of stuff and just don't need anything else, so if people want to give us a gift, they can help us enjoy the beginning of our life together.
  • edited December 2011
    airline packages that include flight, hotel and car.

also, AAA wedding registry.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a resort in Puerta Vallarta that some friends recommened called Sun Palace.  They went there after their originally cheduled honeymoon was canceled due to hurricanes.  They were not expecting to love it because they were so disappointed about the original plan not working out, but they just loved it.  Said it was fabulolus.  They booked through Costco travel.  You can usualy book your airfare with them too and save a little.

Another friend went to Secrets capri and the pics look beautiful.

I have also heard a lot of recommendations for Excellence PLaya Mujeres.

I think your money will go farther in Mexico than in Hawaii, so I tink that's what I would do if I were you.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are leaving for Secrets Maroma Beach (which is in Playa del Carmen, 30 miles south of Cancun), next Thursday :)!

We picked out the resort, then found a travel agent who booked it for us (Bonnie Linn @ Travel Destinations - Miller and Camelback).

Benefits of the travel agent - she scheduled airport transfers AND we didn't have to pay everything up front (balance was due to her closer to the actual trip). We can also call them during our trip if anything goes wrong and they will give us advice. We didn't purchase travel insurance through them, but wish we would have (just in case)

I would definitely consider waiting in between your wedding date and honeymoon (rooms might be cheaper / weather better a month or two or three after your wedding date)...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards