• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Reviews

Wedding Date: June 5, 2010

Ceremony: Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel, The Summit Country Day – A+

You have to be an alum to have your ceremony here but they were wonderful to work with! Everything went perfectly.

Reception: The Newport Syndicate – A+

If you are considering using this venue, book it! Sarah was INCREDIBLE and everything went off without a hitch, thanks to her and the staff at the Syndicate.  We were in the Grand Ballroom and it looked gorgeous.

Gown: Special Occasions Bridal, Amelia, Ohio – A+

I was not willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a wedding gown so I drove to this family-owned shop in Amelia.  They were wonderful to work with and everything went smoothly! I bought a gorgeous Mori Lee gown for under $600, which included the cost of alterations.  Sharon did a great job with the alterations, and she is so personable!

Transportation: A Limousine – B

Deborah, the wedding coordinator, was fabulous to work with prior to the wedding.  I gave them a B because the day of the wedding they picked the guys up in a limo with a broken AC.   The guys informed the driver that he absolutely could not come pick us (the girls) in a limo without an AC and when he arrived to get us he was in a different vehicle.  I still have not spoken to A Limousine to see how they would like to resolve this issue, but it wouldn’t keep me from using them again.  Otherwise, their vehicles were nice and they were prompt.

Hair: Valenti Salon & Spa, Anderson Location – A+

Valenti was great to work with! They made the appointment process easy and did a great job with hair and makeup. 

Flowers: - Del Apgar – A+

I cannot RAVE about Del enough.  His work BLEW ME AWAY! My husband has purchased bouquets of flowers from Del for me before and they are always pretty but his arrangements for my wedding were incredible.  When he brought in the huge bridesmaids bouquets I was literally jumping up and down and squealing.  He was flexible and easy to work with and his work speaks for itself.

Cake: Bonbonerie – A+

You will read some back and forth on here regarding Bonbonerie and some other bakeries in town, but I can tell you they were worth the cost.  I refused to taste there for awhile because I did not want to spend a ton of money on a cake, but it was so worth it.  The taste was incredible and the decoration beautiful! We had strawberry and lemon tiers, and we received tons of positive comments.

Paper: Pink Ink – A

Easy to work with and produced what I wanted exactly. 

Music: Chris Hatke, McFAdden Music – A+

Chris rocked our reception.  He played the perfect mix of music for all ages, as we had a huge range (little kids to 90 year olds).  The dance floor was packed all night.  I can’t wait to write a referral letter for him because I could gush on and on. He really helped make the party, and I am so thankful!

Photography: Michael Bambino Photography, Stacey Lucas – A+

I obviously haven’t gotten our pictures back yet, so the A+ is for the planning and day of.  The studio was easy to get ahold of and Stacey was awesome! She put up with the guys and helped move everything along. She has a great personality and I am so glad she was our photog. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• afloggieafloggie member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Sounds awesome, glad everything worked out so well!
  • mandriettimandrietti member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    So excited to hear about Bambino - we're using the studio too and because Michael was booked we had to choose between Stacy and Steve Bova.  We ultimately went with Steve just because we thought he would manage the guys better, but both their work is awesome.  This is the vendor we're most excited about!  If you want to share pics when you get them, I'd love to see!  PM me!
  • edited December 2011
    How nice - we just tasted at bonbonerie today - oh so good.  
    glad to hear most things worked out - congrats!
    the wedded pups - large
    jason + katherine - wedded 6.18.2011
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    Knottie Warrior 1000 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Everything sounds beautiful!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards