Offbeat Weddings

dates, dates, dates.....

I am planning two weddings for us.
Here is where my first freakout has begun.  My dream has always been to get married on the same day as my Opa and Oma did. (I was very close to them and they have both since past) I have wanted this since...well...forever.
However that date is 5 days away (may 23)
I'd love to do the legal thing that day and then i guess my US wedding in aug  and then the south african one we have planned in november.
Here's part two of said issue.
The rings we have being made at my work (since i work in jewelry) won't be ready by the 23rd and my fiancee insists on having the ring he marries in on for FOREVER after the first wedding.
I can't use my eng ring as my ring, because we haven't bought it yet. He really wants me to have a south african made ring.
I know he's being a little ring obsessed here but it is the one thing he insists on and has been letting this be all about me and since he is South African he really wants me to be wearing a ring from home.
There is NO way we are waiting a year so that option is immidiately is a no go.
so I'm torn between missing my dream day or getting super boring rings and not our coustm ones and convincing the fiance to do 3 weddings...
ideas????Undecided

Re: dates, dates, dates.....

• edited May 2011
    Wow. Planning one wedding is enough for most people, but 3??? Sounds like there are a lot of things that are being insisted on without compromise, when some flexibility would do you some good. Remember that what really matters is you and him and the fact that you're marrying each other. I don't know that anyone will have an answer for you. Can't you wait until next May 23rd and consolidate some of your plans?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_dates-dates-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:0bb2b08d-3b24-47a9-8ae1-cc5746798e80Post:de304474-7c51-4a9b-ba99-863811a59540">Re: dates, dates, dates.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Planning one wedding is enough for most people, but 3??? Sounds like there are a lot of things that are being insisted on without compromise, when some flexibility would do you some good. Remember that what really matters is you and him and the fact that you're marrying each other. I don't know that anyone will have an answer for you. Can't you wait until next May 23rd and consolidate some of your plans?
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

This this this and this.
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2011

Even the other TWO weddings are coming up a little fast.  I would recommend waiting until next May.  That way you can have one wedding, on the day you want, with the perfect rings, and hopefully most of your families in attendance (although May 23 is a Wednesday next year).

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • You are so right..we talked about it last night and came to the result that I can miss the date. We are going to stick to our orginial aug. and november weddings.
    No worries these are super small affairs. the US wedding will have at best 30 people in attendance and the one in SA will have about the same, probaly less.
    No big receptions for either and 15 min ceramony for both. No bridesmaids just a best man and my daughter as the party.
    Thanks for helping me get some clarity on this. Laughing

• You sound way less stressed out now than your original post....whew!! Good luck with your plans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards