June 2012 Weddings
Options

Songs For Combined Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Dance

Happy Hump Day Ladies!!

My FI and I have agreed on doing a combined mother/son and father/daughter dance at the reception to cut time. The only problem is that I can find a million mother/son songs and a bazillion father/daughter songs but finding a combined song is REALLY hard!!!\

Does anyone have any ideas? It's probably good to mention that FI has a severe aversion to all things country....

TIA
image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**

Re: Songs For Combined Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Dance

• Options
    My Wish by Rascal Flatts

You probably aren't going to find something specific for mother/son/father/daughter combined, but something broad like this may fit a lot better.
  • Options
    We're doing the same thing, and I'm having the same problem!  Though, his mom really likes "It's a Wonderful World" by Louie Armstrong, so if my dad is fine with it, we may just use that.
  • Options
    Without knowing what kind of music you two like, this is a bit of a shot in the dark. I tried to come up with a variety though, so hopefully this helps:

"You are the sunshine of my life" - Stevie Wonder
    "Unforgettable" - Nat King/Natalie Cole
    "You're the inspiration" - Chicago
    "Because you loved me" - Celine Dion
    "In my life" - Beatles
    "I'll be" - Edwin McCain
    "Somewhere over the rainbow" - Judy Garland (or any remake)
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Sam Cooke - "Nothing can ever change this love"

• Options
    Great suggestions!  I'm seeing both my dad and his mom this weekend, I'll see what they think. Thanks for posting this question, Amanda!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the different ideas!!! Let me know what you pick ECOLson!! :-)
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_songs-for-combined-motherson-fatherdaughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4d56262d-c7d4-4db9-b696-75e87736da3fPost:ce9c76fa-f32b-4e84-905a-104c6cc0a938">Re: Songs For Combined Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the different ideas!!! Let me know what you pick ECOLson!! :-)
    Posted by amandaf6383[/QUOTE]

Will do! :-)
  • Options
    If you like country, there's "Then they do" by Trace Adkins. FI is using this for his mother/son dance, but it was used as a song for a combination father/daughter/mother/son dance at a wedding we went to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wonderful World- Louie Armstrong.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_songs-for-combined-motherson-fatherdaughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4d56262d-c7d4-4db9-b696-75e87736da3fPost:027da9a1-50ea-4407-8597-25d033a3e292">Re: Songs For Combined Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Wish by Rascal Flatts You probably aren't going to find something specific for mother/son/father/daughter combined, but something broad like this may fit a lot better.
    Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

we are doing this too! My Wish for combined...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards