Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Outdoor Ceremony Locations in Iowa City/Coralville?

I would love to have an outdoor wedding in either Iowa City or Coralville (where I will be living at the time of the wedding). However, I don't really know the area too well yet. Any suggestions? :)

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Locations in Iowa City/Coralville?

• Options
    we are having our reception at Lake MacBride Golf Course as well! I agree there are lots of options for outdoor weddings around Iowa City it all depends on what you want.
  • Options
    I'm looking more into parks than golf courses or wineries for my style. I'm worried about the weather in the spring as well, so finding an outdoor place that will work for rain also is what's scaring me. :(
  • Options

We are having ours at amana, which is wonderful if you like the whole wine thing. We are getting the resthalle barn there and doing the ceremony and reception there(1100.00), saves a lot of money since we are from cedar rapids and it is only 18 miles away. They allow you to bring your own food and alcohol in which also saves a ton.Guest list is approx. 250+ and son many places charge by the plate15-45 each and the hall rentals are included but it would be 7000.00 just for a meal. not my budget at all.lol Other places we looked at were museums in the area if you don't want any alcohol at reception. there are a lot of parks in the area with gazebos that would be nice including ushers fairy. Hope some of this helpsWink

• Options
    Have you looked into Kent Park?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Palisades-Kepler State Park is beautiful. It's a little bit of a drive from Iowa City, but not far. 

Cedar Ridge Winery and Fireside Winery are not too far from Iowa City either, and both have really nice outdoor spaces. (And good wine!!)

Oh, and Celebration Farm has these amazing stone barns you can rent. 

Wilson's Orchard hosts weddings, too.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions! I will be looking into all of them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards