Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Bridal Salons

I'm flying home to New Orleans next weekend from New York to look at wedding venues and dresses.  Can any of you recommend a bridal salon to look at dresses?  I'd like to spend under $2,500.  Was thinking Town and Country and Pearl's Place?  Do they have good customer service?  Any other recommendations?

I'm open to any suggestions.  TIA

Re: Bridal Salons

• Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Belles on Magazine Street or Bustles and Bows in Metairie.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    cbroekstracbroekstra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At town and country, you will probably be at the top of your budget for a lot of their dresses. I kinda had sticker shock when I went in there. A new shop on Severn is opening tomorrow. The dresses in the window look beautiful but I have no idea what their price ranges are. I think it's called Bridal Salon by Mae Mae?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    palrmtpalrmt member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from Bustle and Bows and highly recommend them.  Ann is amazingly helpful without being pushy.  You should easily be able to find something within your price range there.  The only issue I did have with them is the selection of dresses.  They don't have too many,  I ended up finding my dream dress there but I could understand if someone had an issue with that. 
    I had a bad experience with the customer service at Pearl's Place but I have heard of people that did have good experiences. 
  • Options
    mab87mab87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bustles and Bows is a great salon! Shelley is a good friend of mine and she is the owner. I didn't get my dress from there (only because I fell in love with one at Pearl's Place), but I did get my bridesmaid's dresses from there. The girls there are very friendly!
    I would also check out the new store, The Bridal Boutique by MaeMe. They have their website up and you can friend them on facebook. They upload new dresses that they are getting in all the time. Their Grand Opening is today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the recommendations.  I only wanted to make an appointment at Town & Country, because I tried on an Alvina Valenta dress that I'm on the fence about.  They are the only store that carries it in the New Orleans area.  It sounds like a good idea to make an appointment at Pearl's Place just to cover my bases, but will also make an appointment at Bustles and Bows and the new boutique.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shelley at Bustles and Bows is awesome! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from the suburbs of NY but I live here in New Orleans. I had my dress made up in CT and had a great, stress-free experience.

If you don't find a dress down here, let me know if you'd like his contact information. You could bring him pictures of the dress (or dresses) you like.
  • Options
    Marti66Marti66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One more suggestion, if you go to Pearl's Place try on their gowns by Marissa.  They are not advertised but totally beautiful.  I am wearing one and they are well priced and all silk.
  • Options
    alestelle504alestelle504 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Olivier Couture in Mandeville has amazing dresses and the customer service is perfect! I went to many places before going to Olivier Couture.  I was looking for something pretty specific and they were the only place that truly took their time to find me the absolutely perfect dress :) I highly recommend them
  • Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    edited December 2011
    Town in Country is where I got my dress, I cannot say that I loved the experience there or the 5 times I was a bridesmaid and got my dresses there but they do have great dresses. I just feel they can be VERY RUDE and their alterations sometimes can be a pain. BUt again I chose to get my wedding dress there and it all worked out. There is a new store that just opened in Metairie by one of the Saints wives its called the Bridal Boutique by Mae me : http://mae-me.com/and they look like they have awesome dresses. I have also had friends who had a great luck at Pearl's Place
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will highly recommend Town and Country! I was very pleasantly surprised at the price ranges of beautiful dresses! They have plenty there in your budget. I tried on a bunch for under 2,000 and ended up spending just over $1000 on my Casablanca gown. The gowns are beautifully displayed, too.
    imageimage
  • Options
    AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited December 2011
    You could also try Yvonne LaFleur. It has such a New Orleans feel and there are no dresses over $2000 and they are beautiful. I got my dress there so I'm a little biased. I did go to Pearl's and Bustles and Bows and about 4 other places. If you're going to be in town over the weekend, I would avoid Pearl's. It's a mad house on Saturdays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards