New York-Western

Fireworks for my Rochester wedding?

My reception is at the Radisson downtown, and the ballroom has large windows overlooking the river.  I thought it could be a fun idea to have fireworks over the river, so everyone could see from the ballroom, or just go outside and see them.  Has anyone had fireworks?  Does anyone know a good company to look into for that?  Also, does anyone know approximately how much this might cost?  Thanks in advance ladies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fireworks for my Rochester wedding?

• bergkamp.janebergkamp.jane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fireworks cost thousands when you do them legally because you have to hire a company to shoot them and you have to have emergency services on standby.  

I saw a wedding where they had a dessert bar and mid way through the dancing they opened an adjacent room up and when they opened the doors there were sparklers in the flowers and cakes and such it was really cool.
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will try to get back to you on this... my friend's parents surprised her with fireworks at her Ventosa Vineyard reception. I will try to find out who they used.

My friend in Georgia runs a fireworks company, and for a 10 min display he said it's about $3,000-5,000. I'm not sure what regulations/fees/crew that includes, and it might vary from state to state. But that's a general range for you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I am the WNY sales rep for Young Explosives Corp. a display fireworks company in Rochester, NY.  You can give me a call and I'll tell you more about what can be done.

Jim
    585 713-7769
  • edited December 2011
    There are several options available to new Brides to enhance your special day! Gerb walks down the driveway as you leave coupled with a mini finale, Table top sparklers to add an extra spark of excitement, and more. Permits are nothing you should have to even worry about. There are a lot of them but the company you work with should pull all of them leaving you to enjoy your special day. Simple effects should start around $800 to $1000. Displays can also be done very close to your audience safely. After all I have personally shot hundreds of displays across the country I should know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards