Missouri-Kansas City
Options

deleted by user

Re: deleted by user

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in Vegas with just our immediate family.  A few weeks after we get back, we are having a party to celebrate at the Stowe Building.  I've been playing phone tag with the Hilton President about a block of rooms.  I love the property and the Drum Room Lounge inside is always fun.  Plus, it's within walking distance to the Power & Light District.

I'm also going to call the Marriott Downton and the Hotel Phillips.  All are really close to each other.

HTH
  • Options
    lauraf1202lauraf1202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a Holiday Inn Express on Westport Rd?  That'd be about a 10minute drive, and a fairly straight shot...
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Mariott, Holiday Inn, and Best Western all across from the Plaza.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Hampton Inn, and Sheraton Suites on the Plaza. FI's parent have stayed at the Hampton Inn before and liked it enough to stay there again for the wedding.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went the other direction and booked rooms at the Airport Hilton.  We would have loved something closer like the HIlton President but the cost ($130 + $16 parking) was just too much for our guests.  We were able to get rooms at the Airport Hilton for $89 with free parking.  Finally, we booked a shuttle for the guests from the hotel to the ceremony/reception (same place) and back.
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Hampton Inns for accomodations. The vast majority of "group rates" I was given at other places were either the same amount as if the guests booked normally, or even more expensive! So i'm thinking, how is this a DISCOUNTED rate for a group if you're charging the same amount or more?

Finally, I called the Hampton Inn in Lees Summit, their group rate was 90 dollars a night. They normally charge 130 a night, so that's a 40 dollar a night discount! So yeah, they will work with you, definitely try them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards