September 2012 Weddings
Options

seating chart drama

on a more frustrating note than my last sad post...

anyone else going nuts with the seating chart? let me rephrase - anyone else's FMIL driving them nuts about the seating chart?

i sent her the list of which family members were attending, and instead of just sending me back a list of who she wants seated together, she is individually emailing me who can't sit together, asking me where her other son and his gf will be seated. idk, i thought that's why she wanted to do the chart, because she knew?

there are 17 tables, with a 10 person minimum per table and some tables can hold 12. i told her this, but she keeps telling me she only wants 6-7 people per table because certain family members can't sit with other family members. WELL THERE CAN'T BE 6-7 PEOPLE PER TABLE, SORRY.

i'm just getting incredibly frustrated...can't everyone just suck it up for ONE DAY and be cordial with one another?! it's not even a whole day..it's 4 hours!

just trying to remind myself to BREATHE, it'll all work out but geez, this is driving me NUTS!
-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
image 186 are ready to party!
image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: seating chart drama

• Options
    I'm sorry you are being driven nuts. My FMIL is a wack-a-do, and we are not including her in our planning. Heck, we dont even really have my mom helping in the planning. We got through the seating chart rather easily, which was surprising. I hope it gets easier for you. Just take deep breaths.
  • Options

All I asked FMIL for was which side of the family people are on (FMIL or FFIL) and who they wanted at their table.  She only gave me the first part.  I plan on making the seating chart on my own and then reveiwing it with her, emphasizing only major vetos allowed.  In general, FI and I don't care if people don't get along.  Sounds harsh but you are at your table for a half hour while you eat and then we are playing dancing music before dinner is over so you can get up and dance, socialize, whatever.  Also, do you have 5 or 6 people on your side you can sit with these groups of 6 or 7.  IMO it doesn't matter which side people are from when it comes to seating as long as everyone knows someone at their table.  Everyone is family at that point, no?

• Options
    I would say, "Here's your list of guests - as you can see, you've got 64 guests.  We have 6  tables reserved for your family.  We can seat 10-12 people at each table.  Please send a list for each table for who will be sitting at it."

And leave it like that - if she starts telling you, "Aunt Jane can't sit with Cousin Susie", just say, "Great, well then, make sure to put them on different table lists!"  Put it on HER to sort out her family drama!

Anniversary

• Options
    i don't think she's understanding what i'm telling her..lol.

i've gotten no less than 9 emails in the last 10 minutes from her asking if so-and-so is coming, even AFTER i have told her twice that i've given her everyone who is attending. if they aren't on the list, they aren't coming. SIMPLE AS THAT.

i mean, that IS simple right? ::head desk::
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I totally feel your pain! The only person that has caused any stress throughout this proccess is my FMIL.

Take a deep breath! PPs have give you two options of how to handle her. It will all work out.

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are having such issues! I don't think I would be able to handle any more drama and stress! Just take a deep breath and relax! Just take the advice of PP and hopefully these words of encourgement and help you!
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    i definitely appreciate the advice! and i have honestly been trying to follow suggestions..i think the problem is FMIL though, i really don't think she gets it. and i don't know how to make it clearer for her.

i'm regretting her doing this now. i should have just done it myself.

thanks for listening ladies!!

::sigh:: only 2.5 weeks, i can do it! Wink
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good plan: Just make the chart yourself and then allow for a few vetoes if there's a dire problem (like person X absolutely will start a drunken fight with person Y if they sit together, that kind of thing).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards