Maine
Options

Photographers?

We've set the date for Aug 2013, but am now starting to work up a budget and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on photographers in the Bangor, Waterville area?

Re: Photographers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just hired Portrait New England for my 2012 wedding. I am so excited to have them too- their pictures are beautiful and they were really nice when I met them. I think they are located near Augusta but they cover all of New England.
    What is your photography budget?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Kate Bradley Photography. She is AMAZING. She has gorgeous pictures on her website if you want to look. We haven't gotten ours back yet, but I have no doubt in my mind they will be wonderful. She actually put them in the mail this week and I'm anxiously waiting!

She was wonderful throughout the day. She really helped us get all the photos we wanted, plus some extras that she saw with her very creative eye. :) And she was awesome at moving everyone along so we had time to enjoy the cocktail hour and still get all the pictures we wanted.

I highly recommend her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Mariko Brown Photography in Frankfort.  We have not gotten our photos back yet, but the engagement photos are great and we can't wait to see the wedding photos.  Mariko's husband works with her as an assistant and second shooter as needed.  They took photos at our RD/day before BBQ for no additional charge.  

We did photos before the ceremony with our immediate families and extended family photos during cocktail hour, and both sets went quickly and smoothly.  Mariko's husband was great at getting the kids to smile naturally (and they were also great taking photos of our dog in the engagement photo session).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't set a budget yet, but wanted to get some ideas of the prices in the area first.  We didnt' want to plan on spending around $1000 when locally the price would be closer to $600.  That $400 we could budget toward something else.

Thanks for the names, I'm going to their websites tonight.

If anyone else can think of any other photographer's I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Michelle McDougal Photography, as did another Maine bride on here that got married 2 weeks ago!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150093045359749.281587.125809444748

http://www.michellemcdougalphotography.com

I'm not sure how other photographers work, but Michelle had a special last fall where you got the 2010 pricing if you booked by a certain date instead of the increasing 2011 prices.  I bet the sooner you book with a photographer, the more likely you might be able to lock-in pricing that will be higher when your wedding rolls around in 2013.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Portrait New England too! My wedding was last year though- they were awesome.
    However, I have to say that they may be out of your budget. Maybe I don't know what Maine photographers charge but $1000 is a really really really good deal. Anything less than that probably isn't even worth your time. You could hire someone very inexperienced for that price- check colleges and see about hiring a talented student for cheap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_photographers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:a207adf3-71bb-476e-bf85-9bb926ae20f2Post:a9148445-5d07-4d83-ba36-6ed7e252e707">Re: Photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Portrait New England too! My wedding was last year though- they were awesome. However, I have to say that they may be out of your budget. Maybe I don't know what Maine photographers charge but $1000 is a really really really good deal. Anything less than that probably isn't even worth your time. You could hire someone very inexperienced for that price- check colleges and see about hiring a talented student for cheap.
    Posted by Nomer[/QUOTE]

I agreed, I hire Simply Mella for upcoming September wedding, we are so excited.  Her work is beautiful and I thought her price is very reasonable, but it's over $1,000.  Check out her website if you like.
  • Options
    LindseyL17LindseyL17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nick Anagnostis Photography is amazing!! He's friendly and his wife helps see the bigger picture, they make a really awesome team!

• Options
    Lexi Lan-Lowell of Walla Photography in Bangor is fantastic! she is sweet, creative, and super accomodating!
    Check out our post about our experience with her as well as some of the shots from our engagement shoot with her! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards