Catholic Weddings
Options

Questions

Good Morning Ladies!
I just have a few questions and am looking for advice.
1) Our wedding is outside of the mass and I am looking for some music suggestions. Our readings are: Tobit 8: 4b-8, 1 John 4:7-12 and the gospel is Matthew 5:1-12a nd in case anyone else used these readings and found music that paired well with them.
2) In the booklet given to us from the church it says that donations to the presider are innapropriate.There is no church fee other than the one for the cantor. We are planning on making a donation to the church.Should we still offer something to the deacon or is it rude to do so since the book called it innapropriate?
 3) Is there a certain order that we are supposed to have grandparents and parents sit in? We have some unique family dynamics and I am trying to make everyone happy. But, I do not want to do anything innapropriate as far as who sits up front, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Anniversary PersonalMilestone

Re: Questions

• Options
    1. Check out the sticky with a Catholic weddings bio for music suggestions. Otherwise, I would suggest talking with your music director/musicians, and flipping through whatever hymnal they use in your parish for ideas.

2. I would give the deacon something as a thank you. Maybe a gift card to his favorite restaurant or a nice bottle of wine (or his drink of choice if you know what it is).

3. There are no rules about who sits where. I would just make sure that if you have something specific in mind that you discuss it with the person who runs your rehearsal and  any ushers you might have. That way, people are seated appropriately the day of the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards