Honeymoon Discussions

US Vacation Spots

We are looking to Honeymoon in the US, as w do a lot of traveling out of the country for work. Does anyone have any spots that they like? Preferably one with not a lot of kids.

OR

All Inclusive resorts in Hawaii?

Re: US Vacation Spots

• Hawaii doesn't have any AIs that I know of.

We did a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco.  It was awesome.  Seattle is great, San Francisco is great.  The Oregon coast is gorgeous, and there are tons of things to do in all the different areas.  We're planning a trip to Yellowstone for this August.  Alaska next summer.  The Florida Keys are great. 

There are great places to vacation all over the country.  What do you like to do?  That will help people give recommendations.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • What type of vacation are you looking for? Relaxing on a beach? Adventure? Shopping and nightlife?

We are planning a trip to Northern Cali this summer--San Fran, Napa, then driving down to Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur. We have a lot of activities planned for SF and more relaxation planned for the Carmel area, sightseeing, driving around,, spending time at the B&B, etc. We're really looking forward to it and I have heard from friends that it's gorgeous in that region and that San Fran has a ton of things to do.

I also grew up near Chicago and always highly recommend it for a city vacation. There are so many things to do, great architecture, wonderful food, shows, museums, in the summer there's the beach by the lake, biking around town, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • If you're thinking Southern California, there are two areas that I know of that have wineries: Temecula and Fallbrook. Those towns are outside of San Diego. And can be done as a day trip and/or long weekend.
  • budget? time of year? interests? dislikes?

• I love Coronado, California. Lots of really cute boutique hotels that are romantic, tons to do within walking distance, one of the most gorgeous beaches I have ever seen, opportunities for surfing, boating, and tons more.  Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions, I have vacationed there many times.  It is about a 10 minute drive from downtown San Diego so there is opportunity for nightlife and more city-related activities too. 
  • Sanibel Island, FL is absolutely breath taking, as are the outer banks of North Carolina!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_us-vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:6843ae51-766b-4355-bbc4-15f7c501b341Post:8919df81-5a4c-4031-9dc5-3f1755b253a5">Re: US Vacation Spots</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Sanibel Island, FL </strong>is absolutely breath taking, as are the outer banks of North Carolina!
    Posted by bridetobemo[/QUOTE]

Yes - Sanibel is a fantastic suggestion too!! One of the most gorgeous beaches in FL, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards