South Carolina

Sunset wedding, June, North Myrtle Beach

I'd like a sunset wedding, we are getting married in June. I'd like the photographer to be there to take pictures from me walking down the aisle, then staged, posed pictures after.

What would be an appropriate estimated time at that point of the year to schedule to ceremony (expecting at least 15 minutes of delays) in order to get my pictures afterwards without it being too dark? TIA

Re: Sunset wedding, June, North Myrtle Beach

• edited December 2011
    Keep in mind the sun sets in the West so it will be opposite of the ocean.  I would account for 30 minutes for the beach ceremony. - Music on the beach, would require a battery powered sound system.  Traditionally all local djs have this equipment.  They will run a wired mic (buried under the sand) for the officiant.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.thesunrisetimes.com/North_Carolina_to_Georgia/Myrtle_Beach,_South_Carolina_/June/2011.aspx

I found mine for my date in April and its est. sunset tiem is 6:22 PM. The ceremony will last about 20 minutes, so our ceremony time is 5:30 PM, to give time for pictures with sunset in background. With reception beginning at 6:30 (atleast guests will be able to go in ) I always google sunset wedding, and you get to see some shots where the sun is not setting on the ocean, and they are pretty cool! :)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • edited December 2011
    I was talking with my photographer about doing my bridal portraits outside. They said that from June-August the best time to take pictures outside would be around 6:30pm due to the sun and lighting.
    Anniversary
  • annaescottannaescott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Christa Harder, www.christaharder.com. She's an awesome photographer and will probably be able to help you out with the timing.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay I just got back from my wedding in NMB.8/14/10 It was just what I wanted, simple and reasonable. I too had had a sunset ceremony.It started at 630(the minster was awesome kept everything short and sweet but romantc )Best $150 I ever spent.We went to walmart n the mornng and bought a few dozen roses($10each)so i could have roses pedals to walk over as my isle. Family stuck around for pictures and I had a cooler with refreshments for when the Mr and I  where doing our pics. After photos(photographer was great kept things going and was very prepared ahead of tme with a list of who was  who and what photos to take so that there was no time wasted)After photos we went to eat at my favorte restaraunt Throughbreads.A+++ SERVICE WAS GREAT AND THEY COULD BE MORE HELPFUL.We had a small wedding of 18 and our bill came to 1200 WITH LIQOUR and appitzers and tips.The best place to eat on the strand.Last was the moment that made me cry,Our Cake!!! It was absolutely amazing.Cakes By the Sea.I went to NMB about 4 weeks before wedding to do a cake tasting and knew right away that this was the place for me.The week of our weddng  took the Mr in and he almost ded over the chocolate cke with chocolate ganish.I loved my tier that was a whte cake with vanilla inside.They offer some many styles of cake decorations.Ours where a beach theme with beach chairs on top and sea shells and seagulls and some sand.I should have  a pic by the end of the week.      
  • edited December 2011
    MMANDRONA6
    Who did the wedding? I'm curious because I have looked around and it was more than $150. Plus the place I called didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Not sure if I went with the right place or not. Right now I'm just crossing my fingers that everything will turn out ok.
  • edited December 2011
    Look at Pasha Belman Photography

or look him up on facebook - he always adds new stuff http://www.facebook.com/pashabelman
  • britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Brittany Mauldin Photography they are awesome! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards