Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

How much for E-Pics?

I was wondering how much people paid for e-pics. I know it will vary depending on where people are from but i'm trying to get an estimite.

A good friend of mine has said he will take pictures for us so he can build his portfolio and hasn't given me a set price. He basically said whatever I think it's worth and for his time taking the pictures and the editing. I just have no idea what average e-pics usually cost.

He will be driving about half an hour to our house and we will be getting pictures taken at a park down the road and possibly my friends farm that is between his house and our house. He said will edit the pics and put them on a disc and I will be ordering my own prints online.

So how much do you think I should pay him?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How much for E-Pics?

• Options
    Belle2BeBelle2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably give him about $40 at least to cover gas and a little time :) It does seem low, but he's also getting portfolio use out of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid $150 for ours, it was about an hour travel time for the photographer, then 2 1/2 hours of photos at 3 sites within our town, and we got a cd with all the rights.  For my sister's wedding she paid between $100 and $120 for hers and it was a family friend.
    ETA: I just asked a friend at my university who is an amatuer wedding photographer and he said he usually charges around $75 to $100 to do an engagement shoot if he is using the pictures for his portfolio.  Hope that helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks. Ya I was thinking $75-$100 but I was hoping that was enough/not to much. 
  • Options
    mansfielml10mansfielml10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer charged $50 for a 2-hr engagement session.  She didn't have to travel, we met up with her, and we took pics at 2 different locations and had a wardrobe change as well.  That was her price if we booked the wedding day coverage with her.  Without that, she charged $150 for a 2-hr session.  We also got all of our images, edited, on DVD with full copyright release.
  • Options
    drphotodrphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should be selecting your wedding photographer and have him include the e-session in your package for free.  It's your opportunity to make sure that you like your wedding photographer.  If we were to shoot an e-session without a wedding booked to go along with it, it would be booked at our regular hourly rate, $150/hr.

All the best,
    Corey Schwartz
    www.desertridgephotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that it depends on the package you are getting as well as the location within the US.  , if you get the photos on a hi res DVD with rights to reprint as well as if its going to be on location vs. in studio.  Most that I have researched in MA and CA have had the average cost as $300. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards