Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

How many would you order

We are having miini cupcakes (a variety of flavors) instead of a cake for our reception. how many would you buy for 35 people? 

We will be having a few appetizers for the main meal and of course liquor (not that it matters, LOL)

Re: How many would you order

• Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, liquor ALWAYS matters!  LOL  What did bakery suggest?  I'm always worried about not having enough food when I feed people (it's the Hungarian in me), so I would order at least 50.  Oh, just read it again and saw the "mini", are those just bite size ones?  Maybe double you number then since they are small and I'm guessing people will take two?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say about 2-3 per person, so maybe about 100.
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    100 sounds about right. Although our cake fed 60 people, we had 58 guests and half the bottom tier left!
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same. I'm hosting a party at the Venetian for about 17-20 guests. I wonder if the mini cupcakes are bite-size. I'm ordering from Retro Bakery. I know Rach has used them, I'm hoping she'll shime in.

I like how you can get 2 different flavors per dozen of the mini's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_many-would-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f0d0e9b-249e-47c6-86eb-b7477ba880a2Post:77ca26f6-bb23-416a-9e53-668eba3ec4fe">Re: How many would you order</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking the same. I'm hosting a party at the Venetian for about 17-20 guests. I wonder if the mini cupcakes are bite-size. I'm ordering from Retro Bakery. I know Rach has used them, I'm hoping she'll shime in. I like how you can get 2 different flavors per dozen of the mini's.
    Posted by jccswl[/QUOTE]

<div>i am using Retro as well. i have planned for 72 cupcakes but am wondering if i should buy another dozen just to be sure!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say since they are mini, at least 2 per person.  Maybe 75-100?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards