Plus-Sized

What do you think of these centerpieces??

Ok, so I know this has nothing to do with being PS....
But, I post on this board far more than any other, and I know you all will be honest with me.....
FI and I are getting married in Hawaii, and having a party when we get home.... I want to use these as centerpieces with possibly a few votives just around it??? And maybe alternating with the 2nd one, with some petals scattered??? What do you think???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do you think of these centerpieces??

• I like the one with the flowers better.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• It was suggested by another person, and I think I may just put #2 in the catering/food table for lighting....and add a few more tropical flowers such as Birds of Paradise, in the floral one #1, for the centerpiece.... What do you think?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the one with the flowers.  The other is nice but if you having round tables, some of  your guests will only see the back of the pineapple. 
  • chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm a fan of #1 w/ what you suggested...birds of paradise.  Where in HI are you getting married?  I lived in Oahu for 3 yrs.

ETA: b/c i'm a punctuation dork!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First one looks good and seems appropriate for where your wedding is taking place...I really hate the second one though.
  • I like the 1st one..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I vote for the first one! The second one would look okay on the food table or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the idea.
  • I like the first one better. The second one just doesn't seem "wedding-y" enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The 1st is really cute the 2nd on screams I need something thrown on the table and this is what I found
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_think-of-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:a331e3a2-2332-49d6-8df9-2682ac10c682Post:bd7ec8d9-cd04-4240-a290-53b389b58d26">Re: What do you think of these centerpieces??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The 1st is really cute the 2nd on screams I need something thrown on the table and this is what I found
    Posted by mollyehren[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly. </div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The first one is really cute, especially if you add some more exotic flowers.  The second is interesting, but doesn't say centerpiece to me.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I really love the first one, because I'm a sucker for bright flowers.
    *Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
    Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • I REALLY like the first and and think the second one is just ok.
  • i LOVE the first one.  A lot.  The second one makes me think of Halloween.  But the first one is awesome.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I agree with PPs. Number one looks amazing. Number two would be good for anything that you don't need to see the back side. Card table, food table, DJ  table if you are using one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • I like the first one as well.  It is a cool idea.
    When and where in Hawaii are you getting married.  I am getting married in Maui 1 month from today!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited January 2012
    Ugh I'm torn! I love the one with the flowers but I also love the one with the candle in it! I'm no help here! lol If I had to say, go with the flowers.
  • I love the candle one... but I'm a candle person. I'm also not a loud color person. I feel like if the first one was monochromatic, I'd like it... but it is a hawaiian theme so the vivid colors work. Just wanted to say I really liked the second picture though. I'm sure you could also cut some more holes in the pineapple without compromising the integrity of the pineapple structure (haha)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • i also vote for the first one! the second one seems like it is missing something.  not fancy enough for a wedding reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Def. number 1 with the flowers. I don't think I would use 2 for anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards