Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

father/daugther mother/son combo dance song!

I'm going crazy thinking of a song for a father/daughter mother/son combo dance! I've listen to the usuals like what a wonderful world, forever young, days like this, unforgettable, none of them are really jumping out at me!  and it's hard to pick one that not just for a mom or a dad cuz we are doing it together. (we are country fans) so if any one has any suggestions for songs that would be awesome !! thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: father/daugther mother/son combo dance song!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did your dj give you a list of suggestions? If not, you could check out weddingwire.com That site was helpful to us when we were choosing our music selections.

Just curious - why are you doing a combo dance? To me, that seems like it would be a bit impersonal and hard to find a perfect song. Can't you do them seperately?

if you like country, what about I Loved Her First by Heartland or Daddy's Little Girl by Tim McGraw? Both of those bring tears to my eyes everytime.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually think it's a good idea to do them together. Not for everyone maybe, but some people have way too many "special" dances, and it really eats into the night. How about "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womack? It's sung by a woman, but I don't think it's really gender specific, so it would make sense for the combo dance.
  • Options
    Brownie18Brownie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh I like I hope you dance !!! Thanks Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heartland's I loved her first is a great song, but maninly for father/daughter There's My Wish by Rascal Flatts or 26 cent sby The Wilkinsons. I'm a huge country fan too! There's also

In this life- Collin Raye
    Through the years-Kenny Rogers
    You raised me up- Josh Groban

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lisa_fretzlisa_fretz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins will work as father/daughter or mother/son dances so it will work for your combo.  The lyrics are beautiful and it will probably make you cry! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards