Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

vows and ceremony script?

I'm looking for a good script to give my officiant, he's a family friend, and I want a very short simple ceremony. Also, I heard about a couple who instead of lighting a unity candle exchanged love letters, put them in a box an d saved them for a hard time.   I LOVE this idea. Has anyone seen a script? Or have tips for where I can look?
Thanks!

Re: vows and ceremony script?

• Options
    I havent seen a script including the love letters (Which I plan on doing also... my fiance and I are writing love letters but locking them in a box with a bottle of wine for a later anniversary). But! If you're looking for some ceremony script ideas check out the Swedenborgian Church in San Francisco's website under "Weddings" and half way down the page they have four different ceremony options. You can go through their options and pick and choose what you like so that when you sit down with an officiant you can present him with ideas you like. Hope this helps!

P.S. I like the traditional ceremony the best. I cried the first time I read it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_vows-ceremony-script?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:b36aa99f-644f-461a-896a-88fbba852ca6Post:9e29aaae-28c4-46d2-a560-97719933fd0c">Re: vows and ceremony script?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havent seen a script including the love letters (Which I plan on doing also... my fiance and I are writing love letters but locking them in a box with a bottle of wine for a later anniversary). <strong><font color="#0000ff">But! If you're looking for some ceremony script ideas check out the Swedenborgian Church in San Francisco's website under "Weddings" and half way down the page they have four different ceremony options. </font></strong>You can go through their options and pick and choose what you like so that when you sit down with an officiant you can present him with ideas you like. Hope this helps! P.S. I like the traditional ceremony the best. I cried the first time I read it!
    Posted by Cgidds[/QUOTE]

Great suggestion for ceremony script/options on the Swedenborgian Church site.  I like elements of all four ceremonies.  This will give our officiant, FI and me a very solid starting point.  Thank you!!
  • Options
    I just googled civil ceremony vows and came up with so many different options!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a wine box ceremony as well, here's a sample for a ceremony reading.  Our officiant also helped us customize this to fit us, we made it a little more comical.

http://www.afceremonies.com/boxwine.php
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Jeffsteph --  thank you for sharing the wine box ceremony! I've been looking for a copy to coordinate with!

• Options
    No worries ;) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PEACHI - our officiant sent us 2 sample ceremony scripts to choose from.  If you private message me your email I'd be happy to pass them along.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_vows-ceremony-script?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:b36aa99f-644f-461a-896a-88fbba852ca6Post:56ec3b9f-2a46-4e3e-89f8-0a62ffae5d71">Re: vows and ceremony script?</a>:
    [QUOTE]PEACHI - our officiant sent us 2 sample ceremony scripts to choose from.  If you private message me your email I'd be happy to pass them along.
    Posted by 9208003178358344[/QUOTE]

Peachi - I'm not sure what was going on with The Knot on this day, but this post was from me, not 9201*********.  If you would like the sample scripts please private message me at SN Robyn5298
  • Options
    I have 3 our officiant sent us and I cut and paste them to suit what we wanted. I can send them if you send me your email. I was very happy with all of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards