• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
South Carolina

Name change/liscense question

H and I tied the knot on 11-5-11. We have the bride/groom page of the 3 pages of marriage liscense that we signed. Is this sufficient to take to the social security office to get the ball rolling on my name change?



Re: Name change/liscense question

  • nfguthrienfguthrie
    edited December 2011
    Whatever I had from the officiant did work at the Social Security office; however for my driver's license (in NY State, not SC), I had to have a certified copy of the marriage license, which you have to order from the court and pay a small fee.  Might be worth a call to your DMV to see if they require a certified copy, as well.
  • mfordingmfording
    edited December 2011
    You will need certified copy for a DL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • katydid2014katydid2014
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You need a certified copy for the SS office too.
  • edited December 2011
    You won't get any other copy in SC -- the 3rd page-- what you got from your officiant if the official copy-- so yes that will work. 

    Your officiant just mails in to the two other copies. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards