California-Los Angeles

April vs. September for LA Wedding

What do you think is a better time for a wedding in LA - second week of April or third weekend in September?  Are they about the same weather-wise?

Re: April vs. September for LA Wedding

• edited December 2011
    September is about 100 times hotter than April.  It doesn't really get hot here until about July and doesnt start cooling down til October. 
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  It does cool down in the evenings but when it's hot outside during the day, it only cools down to the low 70's in the evening.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed. I was married last October and it was 90 on my wedding day.

Now, you never know. We COULD have a heat wave and have a 90 degree day in April, but September being 90-100 is actually quite likely.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In April you run the risk of having rain. Are you having an outdoor or indoor wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    outdoor ceremony and indoor reception.  I'm leaning towards September since we'll be on the westside anyway.  I'd rather have it be too hot than cold and/or rainy.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married in Sept 25 2010 and let me tell u that day was like the 1st day of summer I believe it was 108 degrees @ noon.

It was one of the hottest day of the summer and I couldn't believe we picked that day lol
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to be on the Westside, it shouldn't be as bad. I would still have some sort of back up plan because you just never know. Sometimes Mother Nature shows up to LA thinking she's in Australia (warm well into the traditionally winter months and cooler in spring & summer).
    We picked our January date, in part, because neither of us wanted a summer wedding, but 1 or 2 weeks before our wedding it was in the 90's (was even unusually warm on the Westside). We got lucky and had beautiful spring like weather.
  • edited December 2011
    L.A. is not like any other place... I would say April because it probably wont be hot.. September may be warm but L.A. is so unpredictable and you never know... also it could get really cool in the evenings.

Best of luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards