Rhode Island

disney cruise line to carribean islands

I'm thinking about taking a cruise for my honeymoon to the carribean islands but using the Disney Cruise line since we are both Disney lovers and also heard that the service and treatment on Disney Cruises is 2nd to none! So, has anyone been on a Disney Criuise before or any cruise for that matter?  Do they have adult only areas?  I'm worried about seeing to many kids and being annoyed by that.  I have never been on a cruise before and it always seemed like a dream for me to experience one day.  Do you get bored on cruises or is there plenty to do?  What do you all think about the idea? 

Re: disney cruise line to carribean islands

• That sounds amazing!  I have never been on a cruise, but I'd imagine a Disney cruise would have a lot more kids than a "regular" cruise.  But, on the Disney website, it looks like there are plenty of adult only areas, so if you get sick of the kids, you can get away. 

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/onboard-activities/adult-activities/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've taken several cruises, included on DCL, and I can tell you this.. I would not do DCL again, and I LOVE Disney (I go to the parks twice a year and am an annual pass holder).  The service is excellent on DCL and the rooms are lovely.  However, it is extrememly pricey but I don't feel there is anything to justify the cost over, say, Royal Caribbean or Carnival.  The food isn't better, the experience isn't better.  It's great.. but I felt as though my experience was just as wonderful and fun on RC for far, far less money.  And yes, kids are EVERYWHERE.  But it's Disney, so kids come with the territory.

I'd recommend Royal Caribbean over DIsney for a cruise honeymoon.
  • I just came back from my honeymoon, we did a 12 night Mediterranean and Greek Isle cruise. We went to Rome, Naples, Sicily, Crete, Athens, Rhodes, Santorini and Venice. We went on The Celebrity Silhouette, we had the best time ever!! Food was amazing, the service was incredible. And entertainment on the cruise was great!!. I have never been on a cruise before and now I would definitely do a cruise again, especially w/Celebrity Cruise lines.  The ship was gorgeous, there were so many beautiful bars inside it, they had a lawn club on the top deck that had real grass.  We met so many great people and met another group of honeymooners on the ship and ended up having dinner and cocktails with them the entire trip. I would recommend a cruise, I was against a cruise in the beginning because I had never been on one and it was amazing!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards