Flowers

Floral budget

I'm meeting with a florist in a few days and have been looking up estimates and attempting to budget for flowers for our special day. We're having an outdoor garden wedding.
What would be a nice estimate for a traditional bridal and 5 bridesmaid  bouquets and 5 groomsmen bouts? Groom won't be wearing one, he's in uniform.
Is $600 for those too frugal or can I get some nice pieces around that price?

I'm looking at mason jar centerpieces and possibly putting flowers in them, but because of the budget, that is last resort, minimal flowers and candles is sounding more promising.

Re: Floral budget

• I doubt it. Here's the rare florist that puts prices online. I know she's not in your area, but you should be able to find one in your area:
    http://www.weddingbokay.com/index.htm

How to get a reasonable estimate of a professional florist's cost: To get an estimate for flowers, we had an article from a bridal magazine that provided per-piece costs for 3 weddings far away from here. Then I googled for florists in my region who had prices online. Then I calculated the average for what we would need.
  • Great! Thank you, this gives me a much better idea at what I'm looking at. I'll have to adjust my budget accordingly now.
  • If your local board is active, they might be able to help you as flower prices vary greatly in different areas.  $600 would be on the lower end for personal flowers here in Dallas, but doable (although it would not cover centerpieces).
  • I got my flowers together on a budget.  My bouquet $100.  This is the photo I gave the florist and she is going to recreate it for me:

Maid of Honor bouquet $50
    Jr. Bridesmaid bouquet $25
    4 Boutonnieres $6.50 for simple green kermit mums, hypericum & greens
    2 Mom's corsages $15 for smaller dainty look
    Lavender rose petals for flower girl $15

The centerpieces I am doing on my own.  Ordered from Sams Club and Wholeblossoms.  I am getting 70 stems green spider mums, 75 lavender roses, and 150 mini purple carnations for $238.  Way more flowers than I needed for the tables but I have lots to decorate extras like the flower girl basket, our arch, etc.

Got all the flowers I need for the entire wedding for $484, I'm pretty satisfied with that!
  • Oh, and your budet is totally doable as long as you are flexible with flowers.  Your going to get a lot more flowers for your dollar if you choose flowers like carnations and roses over calla lilies & peonies
  • Perfect! I plan on doing my own centerpieces, but would have considered a florist to assist, if I provided the mason jars for it.
    But I will certainly continue to research local prices and meet with some, but I want to come up with some kind of budget in mind that's reasonable.

• If you are having issues affording / budget for your floral and decorations, may I suggest checking out a new gift registry called https://www.cashenbridalaccount.com. (site is on theknot.com) The site allows a bride to setup an account and family and friends can gift towards the flowers and decorations as a wedding gift.  Site is not for everyone, but it allows those who can not attend the ceremony or wedding reception a chance to feel like they participated through the flowers.  The site also links you to vendors in your wedding destination and if they are a participating vendor, you will receive a minimum of 5% off your wedding order.  If they are not a participating vendor and you get them to sign up with cashen bridal account (CBA), CBA will put $50 in your account to get you started!

I am a florist in Michigan and this vendor was at our last State Floral Association Meeting.  We signed up with them and we now direct all our brides to this site.  Yes does it help the florist out, but now for some brides it allows them to design the wedding they have always dreamed of.  Not all our brides sign up with cashen bridal account, but more than 50% of ours have.  Most of our brides did not think anyone would gift towards the flowers as a gift, but many of their guest loved the idea!!!  Something new, unique, and something that says more than just a cash gift!

Just check it out....

• Wickertfloral, that is a horrible site to recommend and the only reason I can see that you're recommending them is because your company is affiliated with them.  They charge 8% of whatever is gifted to the B&G.  The worst part is that you shouldn't depend on your guests to pay for your wedding.  The B&G should budget for what they can afford.  

Also, please stop advertising yourself as this is against the knot's TOS agreement (found on your left under "Rules").
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went the silk route because my peonies weren't in season for my August wedding. I got my bouquet, 7 bridesmaids, 16 bouts, a toss bouquet and 7 kissing balls for under 500.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards