Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Issues finding Hair/Makeup artist..

I have contacted a couple of beauty artists in the Kansas City area to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, and have been having trouble getting ahold of them.. My wedding is not until April 2013, so we've got a little while to go. But this is one of the only 'vendors' we have left to book and I just want to get it out of the way. The girls I've found that can travel to you on your wedding day are who I've called/emailed and they will not call/email me back!! I've left voicemails, messages of interest and everything. That doesn't give a bride a good vibe when a person can't even call me back. I'm just wondering what other brides in my area think about this? Am I just jumping the gun and need to sit tight for a few more months? Or should I move on and look into other gals if they are being flakey??? Any input would be helpful!! 

Re: Issues finding Hair/Makeup artist..

• I think you are early... I would wait until 3 to 6 months before your wedding. Most people don't have schedules that run out so far in advance.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • I'm 6 months out and just booked hair and makeup so you do have time, but you're not TOO insanely far ahead - you want to make sure you get what you want! 

That being said, I would absolutely NOT work with a vendor that wouldn't respond to me no matter how far in advance I was contacting them, that is a sign of things to come in your working relationship IMO.

Also, sorry I'm not a local opinion, but you didn'tpost this on your local board!
  • dont worry too much , hair & make up artists are surprisingly busy..and i mean busy me and my boss just did make up and hair for about 10 people , its hard work when you own your own business and its just you and someone else, they will get back to you
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_issues-finding-hairmakeup-artist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:9bb4c107-43d3-45bc-b6d9-850cbd296ae9Post:b50ce8cd-a5cc-4d0d-bb76-94c5bd800090">Re: Issues finding Hair/Makeup artist..</a>:
    [QUOTE]dont worry too much , <strong>hair & make up artists are surprisingly busy</strong>..and i mean busy me and my boss just did make up and hair for about 10 people , its hard work when you own your own business and its just you and someone else, they will get back to you
    Posted by sunnilove[/QUOTE]

Guess what?  Hair and MUA are not the only ones who are busy! 

OP - I'm of the opinion that if someone cannot call/email me back within a few days, I move on.  If I owned my own business, I would especially make sure I got back to someone in a timely manner!  That's your reputation on the line.  And if I couldn't get a hold of them before they even got my business, I'd be very concerned about getting in touch after I signed a contract.  I'd pass them up.  Check your local board for recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards