Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

how long for DJ

like everyone else we are on a budget -- so I found a great hourly DJ-- How many hours will be good? any suggestions? I am thinking 4 hours from ceremonyon and then I have the ipod ready to roll on speakers -- we are having an outdoor ceremeny and wedding all in the same yard --what do you think??? too short?

Re: how long for DJ

• edited December 2011
    I'd have thought 4 hours would be fine as long as you remember to make an amazing playlist on your Ipod for those who don't want to stop dancing!

Good Luck!

Jennie x
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the timeline of your day.

Ours starts at 4:30 (setup) because cocktail hour starts at 5 and then dinner, then speeches etc. and dancing until 1:00.  So we will have him for 8.5 hours.

Are you going to have  DJ part of the day and do the iPod yourself for a separate part of the day?
  • edited December 2011
    amount of hours will depend on your area.  try asking the girls on your local board. but for some advice, my ceremony is at 2pm.  my dj is setting up at 12:30pm and there is no charge for set up.  he is playing for the ceremony, then for the reception (no cocktails. we are just having my ipod for it) he will start playing at 8pm and not stop until 1:30am.  we are so excited, because we have now become awesome friends with him and he is a great dj.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards