Not Engaged Yet
Options

I like it here

Hoi,

I've lurked about a few different sites and threads and I have decided this one's my favorite.

Need to know info: Harry Potter is my life and my favorite wine is white. No furballs yet but I tend to try and kidnap any fluffy animal when drinking said fave wine. Don't worry as yet, I have been unsuccessful in getting one.

As I've lurked I'm fairly sure I know the ropes roughly, so fire away with any qs

FYI I've been writing paragraphs but TK seems to be stealing my punctuation...

Re: I like it here

• Options
    Welcome.

You picked a quiet time, but maybe others are around...

Where do you call home?
  • Options
    Hello!  

You can't just stop at white, what are your 3 favorite wines right now?

Do you have any fun plans for the holidays?

How did you come to be on The Knot?

What is the last great book you read?

• Options
    Home is the far side of the pond: Ireland I like pinot grigot, and anything with bubbles. Lurking and wedding planning brought me here, I get major kicks reading about "polite ways to tell your mother she can't be in your wedding party" and other hilarious posts. I'll be spending the holidays at home after visiting Florida, which I'm super excited about! Last good book I read is a toughy as I've read a lot of crap recently but probably "Magician" by Feist
  • Options
    Hi!

So I had this fight with a friend yesterday because she said she didn't like Neville in HP. So tell me...do you or do you not like Neville?

• Options
    Hi!
    I like you.  Are you from Ireland orginally, or are you an expat?  Where in Florida are you going?  

If you had to choose would you be gluten free or dairy free?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    beth: your friend is weird, of course I love Neville, I love that he gets to be the hero and that he conquered his confidence issues to become a Hogwarts prof. Also the actor who played him is a total dream beau since he got his teeth done. alleycat: I'm full beam Irish and proud of it. I feel like the other is a trick question.... But I'll go with dairy free, I wouldn't be a very nice person sans "normal" bread : Edit: we're going to Orlando, yaaaay!
  • Options
    Beth what is wrong with your friend????  How could you not like Neville?

Eire:  Where do you live in Ireland?  I love Ireland <3  
    Do you speak a second language? 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Also do you have a SO?  
    What do you do for a living? 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    I live in Clare, Google cliffs of moher, its beautiful here! I obviously don't live right on the cliff edge but near there. I'm a healthcare professional, one of the least liked types so I'll leave it at that. I've a fab SO who's amazeballs, and we're blissfully happy. I actually found this site when I was going BSC saying to myself "when will we propose?" And it kept the crazy at bay... So cheers I suppose
  • Options
    You live on the complete oposite side from where I visited but it looks beautiful :)  

Well that is what we are hear for, keeping the crazy at bay.  :)  

One more important question.  Do you like horses?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Eire, are you going to Universal Studios while in Orlando?  They are supposedly adding on to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  It will be done the year FI and I are married, but we don't know if it will be released in time for our visit.  We are going to have our honeymoon there.  :)

We decided that we are going either way, just the two of us, and staying at an onsite hotel.  Then, for our 1 year, we are going back for a shorter, cheaper trip to see the expansion and we are bringing the kiddo with us!  Also, my sister and her BF are thinking of joining us.  Needless to say, I am excited for both trips.

Actually, I have always wanted to go to Ireland.  When I spent some time in Italy, I flew over to London to meet a pen friend from middle school who was from Ireland, but working in England.  I would love to get back over there, see Ireland Scotland and Wales.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-like-it-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:32c4ec97-4807-4eba-9028-59999e49c472Post:98cc2d4f-c5cc-4187-b0f7-d196ded7d456">Re: I like it here</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Beth what is wrong with your friend????  How could you not like Neville?</strong> Eire:  Where do you live in Ireland?  I love Ireland <3   Do you speak a second language? 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I know! I though we could bond over our love of HP but her view of the books is just so warped to me.

Eire - I'm glad to hear you love Neville too! You sound like a fun person and this board can always use more sane people :)

• Options
    Hi and welcome.

Do you have  a favorite dessert?

favorite alcoholic beverage?

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to Re:I like it here:[QUOTE]I live in Clare, Google cliffs of moher, its beautiful here! I obviously don't live right on the cliff edge but near there.

I'm a healthcare professional, one of the least liked types so I'll leave it at that.

I've a fab SO who's amazeballs, and we're blissfully happy. I actually found this site when I was going BSC saying to myself "when will we propose?" And it kept the crazy at bay... So cheers I suppose Posted by EireAbu[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. You're not engaged, you've been wedding planning, and you've kept the crazy away? This doesn't add up.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcome.

Favorite kind of cheese?

If someone died and left you millions, but you had to leave it to charity, what charity would you give it to?

Beth- Seriously, something is wrong with your friend. 

photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!

I'm almost full Irish, ten percent of german snuck in there somehow... Anyways I'm the third generation to be born in America. :) Wish I could live in Ireland though.

What's your favorite baked sweet treat?

What fluffy ceatures are you most likely trying to steal while drinking?

Beth: Your freind is crazy. How can anyone not like Neville?!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    welcome!  Tell me are you a fan of twilight?  Its a trick question.... either way I'll shake my head.  :)
  • Options
    Right so this will be a long one... Here I go:

@Ravenray: you must have been to Dublin area, which is pretty brilliant, great bar scene, but the real beauty of the country is in the wild wesht coast. 

I don't horse ride, but have no issues with horses, except that when I was little I was obsessed with drawing them and it always came out wonky.

@Danser: my fave current dessert is broken biscuit cake, mainly because the only faster way of getting butter into my body is to inject it and it's super easy to make. Fave drink of the moment is Cava Mojitos and Super-splits (dark sweet rum and fizzy orange, nom nom nom)

@Peekaboo I'm engaged now to my lovely boyfriend. Never got used to calling him Fiance, partly cos it sounds pretentious in an Irish accent Wink we're getting married next month

@Lilyrose: what an awesome genepool!!!! I love Germany, I try to get to a different location every year, it's probably my favourite European destination. The Germans are super friendly and also really really ridiculously goodlooking.

The last animal I tried to abduct was a cat, strange really since I'm more of a dog lover.

@Suzie. I'm not a super cheese fan unless its melted, so anything melty!

If I won millions and millions, my first cause would be something local, like the rest of the world Ireland is having a tough time at the moment. My other spend would be on the medical missions network who I volunteer with, they do amazing work all over the world providing general gps, dentistry, drugs, counselling and the like. Would love to be able to do that full time.

@Motolyn: I don't care what you say, or if I'm too old but I'm a definite twihard, I've my tickets prebooked for this friday!!! Woop woop!

Think that's my list coveredLaughing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-like-it-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:32c4ec97-4807-4eba-9028-59999e49c472Post:846995bd-6721-4d0f-b49a-9f35e2f4c15a">Re: I like it here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Right so this will be a long one... Here I go: @Ravenray: you must have been to Dublin area, which is pretty brilliant, great bar scene, but the real beauty of the country is in the wild wesht coast.  I don't horse ride, but have no issues with horses, except that when I was little I was obsessed with drawing them and it always came out wonky. @Danser: my fave current dessert is broken biscuit cake, mainly because the only faster way of getting butter into my body is to inject it and it's super easy to make. Fave drink of the moment is Cava Mojitos and Super-splits (dark sweet rum and fizzy orange, nom nom nom) @Peekaboo I'm engaged now to my lovely boyfriend. Never got used to calling him Fiance, partly cos it sounds pretentious in an Irish accent we're getting married next month @Lilyrose: what an awesome genepool!!!! I love Germany, I try to get to a different location every year, it's probably my favourite European destination. The Germans are super friendly and also really really ridiculously goodlooking. The last animal I tried to abduct was a cat, strange really since I'm more of a dog lover. @Suzie. I'm not a super cheese fan unless its melted, so anything melty! If I won millions and millions, my first cause would be something local, like the rest of the world Ireland is having a tough time at the moment. My other spend would be on the medical missions network who I volunteer with, they do amazing work all over the world providing general gps, dentistry, drugs, counselling and the like. Would love to be able to do that full time.<strong> @Motolyn: I don't care what you say, or if I'm too old but I'm a definite twihard, I've my tickets prebooked for this friday!!!</strong> Woop woop! Think that's my list covered
    Posted by EireAbu[/QUOTE]

must... not... comment...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards