Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Downtown Minneapolis/St. Anthony Main Rehearsal Dinner Space that Holds 200-250!

HELP! I'm newly engaged, having my wedding at The Depot this August, and am looking for a good restaurant with a huge private room or that rents out the whole restaurant. About 90% of our guests are out of towners and have never been to Minneapolis so I'd love to find somewhere cool that also isn't $100 per person. Any ideas from you experts? Thank you SO MUCH!

Re: Downtown Minneapolis/St. Anthony Main Rehearsal Dinner Space that Holds 200-250!

• Options
    I'm new to this too, but what about Solera? They have multiple rooms, it's a cool space, and I've heard they can be reasonable! Good Luck!
  • Options
    I've seen people rent out both Pracna and Vic's on St Anthony Main for rehearsal dinners or wedding receptions.  The St Anthony Main Event Center may be another option.
  • Options
    OK - I'm going to say it.  Are you comfortable throwing a 2nd reception (because basically that is what you'd be having with that many people)?  While I think that it is totally generous of you to want to host your out of town guests the night of the rehearsal, that is an insanely big party and you're basically going to do it again the next night.  If they're doing traveling that day, they may not even be up for 2 nights of social mingling with folks they don't necessarily know well.  Just my $.02!

• Options
    Thanks for saying that Whitty, cause I was thinking the exact same thing.  Why are you inviting all of your OOT guests to the rehearsal?  That seems like a VERY expensive way to add lots of extra stress the day before the wedding.  Invite immediate family and bridal party, and give your OOT guests a few suggestions for fun things to do. Personally, if I were visiting a new area for a wedding, I wouldn't want 100% of the time taken up with the wedding festivities.  I would want to go out and explore.  Let them do that.

I actually ran into a couple of my OOT family members the day before the wedding while they were out walking around exploring the city.  They seemed to like it, and weren't upset that they weren't involved in the pre-wedding festivities.

Also, if 90% of your guests are OOTers, you're likely not going to have all of them show up.

With that being said, if you insist on inviting them all to the rehearsal, the St. Anthony Main event center should be quite large enough to host everyone.  I don't know too much about other buildings in the area.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    We are hosting a similar style party, although to save $$, hosting apps, and cash bar. Also with the idea that people who wish to stay out later can have a fun area to explore. There are a lot of restaurants in that area that will accomidate large groups. Nyes, Psycho Suzis Mon-Thurs., and all of the ideas listed above
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards