Outdoor Weddings

heels on grass?

IM trying to figure out what shoes my bridesmaids shoudl wear. the dresses are short, black and satin-y. Since the ceremony will be at a golf course, i wanted to use  embellished t strap sandals but I'm just not finding the right ones.

Shoudl i just ditch the sandals for heels? will they sink in the golfing green?

Re: heels on grass?

• You may want to ask the golf course if heels are even allowed on the greens b/c it could damage the grass and well, you can't play a good game of golf  if there are holes all over the greens and I don't think they would be too happy about that.

My BF was married on a golf course and I personally don't recommend heels b/c unless the girls are walking on the balls of their feet, the heel will sink down into the grass.

Can you find any cute wedges or anything?  Or maybe wear a pair of cute jeweled flats and then change into heels for the reception?

• Flats or wedges!  

If you do decide to go with heels there are these little cap thingies that you can put over the heels so you don't sink, but they look a little goofy and I have no idea how well they work: http://thesolemates.com/
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Or a thicker/wider heel. I think my heel was at least 1/2" maybe 3/4" wide and it worked fine. But the ground we were on happened to be super compact. Golfing green may be a different story. Otherwise the flats, wedges as suggested.
  • There is no way that the greenskeeper will allow you to get married on the green.  I'm sure they're setting you up on another grassy area.  Even so, heels, unless they are thicker/wider, will sink into the grass, so opt for thick heels, wedges, or flats.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_heels-grass-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:ea978aad-308d-4eab-b612-d2a8a29f656cPost:51ffd783-5b5b-4504-a11b-825804b836be">Re: heels on grass?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may want to ask the golf course if heels are even allowed on the greens b/c it could damage the grass and well, you can't play a good game of golf  if there are holes all over the greens and I don't think they would be too happy about that. My BF was married on a golf course and I personally don't recommend heels b/c unless the girls are walking on the balls of their feet, the heel will sink down into the grass. Can you find any cute wedges or anything?  Or maybe wear a pair of cute jeweled flats and then change into heels for the reception?
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

I was gonna do something like that.

• The heels will sink, causing a tripping hazard and getting the shoes dirty and gross... wedges would look classy and be safe, though.
  • I wouldn't do heels on grass, unless they are thicker in the heels.

One question.  Are you requiring your BMs to have matching shoes?  If so, make sure you're picking up the bill for it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am going through this same struggle, although not at a golf course.  We are getting married on a dock/pier type of thing and the aisle will be in grass.  I really am not into wearing wedges or having my girls wear them.  I feel like they look clunky and are just not the look I am going for. 
    8-18-2012 Bride :)Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married outside and am letting my girls pick their own black shoes.  this way, they can find something comfortable, and they can walk in.  I will probably wear wedges in the grass. 
  • David's Bridal have these little clear ends that you can put on your heels. It works for grass,brick roads, dirt roads, anything pretty much. It just widens your heel for you and they are like $10-$15. I say do a wedge heel. I'm not quite at the picking out shoes. If you really want stilettoes or something like that then call your local David's Bridal!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Feels like I just walked right into Heaven. I walked right into his arms.
  • The heel wideners are called Solemates.  I am getting married outdoors on my parent's farm and I am using them.  I needed a little heel so I wouldn't have to alter my dress (flower appliques on the skirt, DB SV415, I didn't want to have to spend a fortune altering my dress).  They do have them at David's Bridal or they do have a website where you can purchase them. http://thesolemates.com/

• Heels will sink. I've been to a wedding on grass before. Is it just the ceremony on grass or the reception too? If just the ceremony you might be able to get away with heels for that and the pictures but do chunkier ones. Or else they will have to balance on their toes the entire time. If the reception is in the grass people will want to take off the heels by then so tell them to bring some sandles or they will end up barefoot, which is fine as long as it doesn't bother them You should REALLY inform you guests ahead of time that it will be in the grass. It's not a pleasant surprise for women when they show up sporting their favorite new heels and find out they will be standing in the grass for hours. I ended up just going barefoot because it was pretty much impossible to stand after a while.
  • Since the girls are in black dress, and color matching won't be an issue, have you considered black embellished sandals from Old Navy? For my wedding, I wore them in white and my girls wore David's Bridal satin ones that matched their dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards