Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Tacky

Have you ever heard of a couple not inviting a groomsmen's wife to the wedding. yeah. well thats me. 

Re: Tacky

• Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Just go anyways. And wear white. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:97735a44-8c33-4d1a-a135-e5059caab7ba">Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever heard of a couple not inviting a groomsmen's wife to the wedding. yeah. well thats me. 
    Posted by prlmrg08[/QUOTE]

Wow. Was this just for you, or applicable towards all the wedding party. Either way, it's really crappy.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Im not real sure... and its in the Hill Country... so travel is involved. 
  • Options
    Wowwww.

I assume you H called them up?
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:97735a44-8c33-4d1a-a135-e5059caab7ba">Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever heard of a couple not inviting a groomsmen's wife to the wedding. yeah. well thats me. 
    Posted by prlmrg08[/QUOTE]

Did they specifically say that you weren't invited? If not, I would have your husband speak to the groom to clarify, especially if the oversight was not addressing the invitations correctly. If they actually spelled it out and said that you were not invited, that is is a major breach of etiquette since you are a social unit. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!
  • Options
    I'm shocked just like the rest.
  • Options
    I would fill out the RSVP myself, and write 2. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:5282e720-6ce4-4c58-bf80-ee7f0d79f446">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would fill out the RSVP myself, and write 2. :)
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up.  I would definitely be this person.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:5282e720-6ce4-4c58-bf80-ee7f0d79f446">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would fill out the RSVP myself, and write 2. :)

This. Times eleventy
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:2fc3f885-4b08-49a8-b4f1-f67e60f69733">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tacky : This. Times <strong>eleventy</strong>
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

You stole my number, ASH. 

Bri,
    Great idea.  I would encourage you to do it too, but you may not be as passive-aggressive as some of us here are. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:a195741a-7147-4c76-b825-bb3c6ee1394c">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tacky : You stole my number, ASH.  Bri, Great idea.  I would encourage you to do it too, but you may not be as passive-aggressive as some of us here are. 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

Haha... passive agressive... or maybe a quiet reminder that he is married and has a plus 1.  That's just life!

I would even venture to write Mr. and Mrs Husband Name Last Name on the RSVP
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:2470e65c-c662-4078-b4a8-a25fedd358f7">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tacky : Haha... passive agressive... or maybe a quiet reminder that he is married and has a plus 1.  That's just life! I would even venture to write Mr. and Mrs Husband Name Last Name on the RSVP
    Like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:2470e65c-c662-4078-b4a8-a25fedd358f7">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tacky : Haha... passive agressive... or maybe a quiet reminder that he is married and has a plus 1.  That's just life! I would even venture to write Mr. and Mrs Husband Name Last Name on the RSVP

Also like.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:2470e65c-c662-4078-b4a8-a25fedd358f7">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tacky : Haha... passive agressive... or maybe a quiet reminder that he is married and has a plus 1.  That's just life!<strong> I would even venture to write Mr. and Mrs Husband Name Last Name on the RSVP</strong>

That would be awesome. 
  • Options
    We didnt even get an invite in the mail! 
  • Options
    Really?  I at least sent an invite to everyone on the list.  Including parents and siblings.
  • Options
    That's just wrong! Who does that?????
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Weird. He has informed them it is going to be very hard to make the wedding due to the circumstances...wink wink
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    They have even told him he is staying in some bungalow with all of the guys. I just think it is so tacky and rude to make us spend the money to be in a wedding and not even include the other one who is sacrificing that money! 

• Options
    Seriously!

Are you sure your invite didn't get lost in the mail. Has your H called to ask? This just seems odd... by any chance are they one of those couples that is just young and has no idea what the F*@! they are doing? Is it a large wedding party? I'm wondering if anybody else has complained.

• Options
    I would be raising some serious hell right now if I was in your shoes.  Actually, my husband had better be raising some serious hell.  I get wanting all the groomsmen to stay together, and I'd be fine with that much.  My husband is going to be someone's best man in October and I would expect him to be at his friend's call at any time.

But to just assume it's okay not to invite the wife of a groomsman?  That is ridiculous.
    Anniversary

• Options
    yeah, my husband is the non confrontational kind of guy that just doesn't get that it is a big deal... especially to me. I just can't believe how some people are these days! Thanks for letting me vent to people that "get" it! haha
  • Options
    im just going to throw my .02 cents in on this and i may get bashed for it, but i sortof have a situation at hand like yours....

except im the bride who doesnt want to invite the best mans wife. All she has done since i met her is run her mouth about me and my child (yes, my child!) and the only reason she does so is because she is best friends with FI's old bed buddy. they werent even together! More like she was obsessed with him and he would never commit bc she was giving it up like a hoochie. YEARS AGO! Long story short, there was a falling out between myself and the bed buddy because she too cant keep her mouth shut, even saying to my FI the day she met me, "wow, you can do so much better" (i am by no means ugly or out of shape in the least, but yes, she is and i think jealousy is a huge part of her problem with me.) So i wrote her an email and told her enough was enough, grow up. well this pissed off her bestie who is the best mans wife and she not only told my fiancee she will never accept me as a person, but the last times we have seen her at group gatherings, she has not bothered to say a word to either of us. well guess what? im not paying for her to come to my wedding and act like a little sh*t! She is not invited, nor will she be on the invite, but if she comes with him, she comes. UNWELCOMED

i know your situation is different but is there maybe an issue between you guys that you could resolve before the day comes? did you gus have a falling out? if not i cant see why she wouldnt want you to come! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tacky-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8373af6b-11dd-47b0-8788-0bd9f2ae8890Post:9cedd2bd-14b8-44d3-9e08-1e2929307fe7">Re: Tacky</a>:
    [QUOTE]im just going to throw my .02 cents in on this and i may get bashed for it, but i sortof have a situation at hand like yours.... except im the bride who doesnt want to invite the best mans wife. All she has done since i met her is run her mouth about me and my child (yes, my child!) and the only reason she does so is because she is best friends with FI's old bed buddy. they werent even together! More like she was obsessed with him and he would never commit bc she was giving it up like a hoochie. YEARS AGO! Long story short, there was a falling out between myself and the bed buddy because she too cant keep her mouth shut, even saying to my FI the day she met me, "wow, you can do so much better" (i am by no means ugly or out of shape in the least, but yes, she is and i think jealousy is a huge part of her problem with me.) So i wrote her an email and told her enough was enough, grow up. well this pissed off her bestie who is the best mans wife and she not only told my fiancee she will never accept me as a person, but the last times we have seen her at group gatherings, she has not bothered to say a word to either of us. well guess what? im not paying for her to come to my wedding and act like a little sh*t! She is not invited, nor will she be on the invite, but if she comes with him, she comes. UNWELCOMED i know your situation is different but is there maybe an issue between you guys that you could resolve before the day comes? did you gus have a falling out? if not i cant see why she wouldnt want you to come! 
    Posted by amandajared[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know the groom well because he works with my husband, but not the bride. Met her like 2 times.  So different situation for sure.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards