Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographers in Oahu

Does anyone have any recommendations for good photographers in Oahu?  I'm planning to make a trip ther at the end of October and I'm hoping to meet and interview at least 3.

Thank you!

Re: Photographers in Oahu

• edited December 2011
    Check out Marisa Leigh Photography at marisaleigh.com. 
    She is located in LA but specializes in destination weddings in Hawaii. 
    She is extremely talented!! 

• edited December 2011
    Hi mfeala,
    I'm not from Oahu and I've never been there. Just to let you know the photographer I had for my wedding want to build her worldwide portfolio and she's actually looking for some couples who are getting married in beautiful places outside Europe.
    Maybe you will be interested and she too...
    That's her website: beatrice-dg.com
  • velvetvelvet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I moved away from Hawaii after living there for 15 years.  I've been in a few weddings and depending on your budget and style, you may find one of these photographers to be to your liking.  

George E. Smith - a bit pricey but shoots "traditional style." and has nice photo albums.  I was a bridesmaid/bff for my friend's wedding and she has no problems with him.  He accommodated her when things got a little tense when her divorced parents and their families got mixed up into groupings and it was a little hairy...Smith and his assistant worked quickly to separate everyone in a professional manner and the photos turned out well.

Malia Leinau Photography - she's a personal acquaintance of mine and shot my wedding (she's also my ex-husband's friend).  She started out long ago while in college, working as an assistant for some of the top wedding photogs in Honolulu, and since graduation she has worked for publications and runs her own photography business.  I believe she now offers Bambooth (photobooth) too.

Red Heart Photo (Marina Miller) - if you like the more artsy, alternative style of photography, this may be your way to go.  She shot my friends' "punk rock" wedding.  She's popular among the music/arts crowd and also shoots maternity photos and baby photos.

Perfekt Photo (David Murphey) is an acquaintance of a friend, and I've also seen him shoot a friend's wedding.  Very clean shots, good composition, and I hear he's easy to work with.  You definitely get what you're paying for.  David also shoots for various publications and ad agencies.  

These are just some out of a ton of talented photographers on the island.  Try visiting http://theweddingcafe.net/directory.html for a list of the more popular photographers and vendors.  

Hope this helps,
    Monica
  • amandablytheamandablythe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are having a Destination Wedding Photography Giveaway at www.amandablythe.com and Hawaii is a qualifying location!!!  Contest starts on 1.1.11 - If you're getting married in Hawaii, be sure to enter if you still need a photographer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards