Wedding Party
Options

deleted

Mod - please delete this thread. Thank you.

Re: deleted

• Options

Your FI should not change anything.  With any relationship things can change over time which is why we usually tell couples to wait until 6-8 months out before picking a wedding party, but that ship has sailed in your case.

Are your FI and BM still friends?  Maybe something in BM life has changed which has resulted in him not being able to be around as much as before.

Even though they are men demoting the BM to a GM would be hurtful especially when it doesn't seem the BM has done anything to deserve it.

Friendships go both ways and just because your FI has now started hanging out with a GM more then his BM does not diminish his friendship with his BM.  Heck, I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding this April.  I haven't seen or talked to her besides a "hope you get better" on FB since November.  Does that mean that we aren't friends or aren't as close as we were back in November?  Nope.  It just means that we are both extremelly busy with our individual lives but I can guarantee you that when we do talk or see each other again we will pick right up where we left off.

• Options
    Ditto Maggie. How would you feel if you were suddenly given a "friend demotion" (because that's basically what that comes across as)?  Best Man....Groomsman....Maid of Honor....Bridesmaid.....they all do the same thing. Titles are really not that important, in my opinion. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Seriously, why the DD?

• Options
    Because they want to demote him, of course!  Not be told not to!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Duh, that's right!  I forgot that it makes sense to ask a question on here even though you already have a decision made and then get pissed when no one agrees with your decision.  I guess my common sense took over this morning.

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_best-man-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6b22dfb5-7c9e-4fad-865b-5f0cc1082512Post:51a266b7-d13d-4316-b13c-d138518da2e9">Re: deleted</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked for an opinion not a scoulding and being told when I should have picked bridal party. If you would have asked for more of an explaination of why the change in the bridal party I am pretty sure your tone would change. 
    Posted by marlainasaharic[/QUOTE]

I gave you a scoulding?  Really?  I think you need to re-read what I posted.  I mentioned the fact that about the timeline because relationships can change and once you ask you cannot unask.

And also, I can only comment on what you posted.  I cannot read your mind so if you think there is additional information that may be needed to give you a proper answer then maybe you should have included it the first time around.

And I doubt my tone would have changed because demoting or kicking anyone out of a wedding party is wrong and rude.  Period.

• Options
    I asked for an opinion not a scoulding and being told when I should have picked bridal party. If you would have asked for more of an explaination of why the change in the bridal party I am pretty sure your tone would change. 
    Posted by marlainasaharic

Nobody scolded you, they gave you calm and thoughtful replies to your question in an attempt to save you from treating your friends poorly.  The fact that you would lash out at someone doing this for you takes your maturity levels down several pegs.

No we didn't pat you on the head, coo at you, and tell you that the sun shines from you and you can do no wrong.  If you think that's scolding, you're delusional.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh. I hate the DD. I'm going to start quoting the OP every time I respond just to stop crap like this. And the "deleted" subject line or just a period brings a lot more attention to the post than a normal subject. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_best-man-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6b22dfb5-7c9e-4fad-865b-5f0cc1082512Post:e4e82154-e1e8-4598-b613-ed50fab87a51">deleted</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mod - please delete this thread. Thank you.
    Posted by marlainasaharic[/QUOTE]

Yeah right.

• Options
    I'm not deleting a thread because it didn't yield the responses desired.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards