May 2012 Weddings

Being Married

So, Here it is June, meaning we are all married! Yay! So, who feels that it is different being married? My husband and I were talking about it last night and we both think it feels a little different. More real, more concrete, deeper. Day to day our lives feel about the same though. When my friends get married, I always ask them. I would say about half say yes and half say no! What about you? Does it feel different?

Re: Being Married

• Yeah, I keep getting that question. "How is married life?" And obviously you're going to say good. lol To me, it only feels different if I really think about it. And the fact that my husband now comes home to me everyday is a big change so that's super awesome. But yes married life is great! lol
  • I think for each couple it's a different answer depending on life before the wedding. H and I have been living together almost 2 years now so for us it feels slightly different like you said more concrete and real. Other than that day to day life feels the same for now I know eventually it'll feel a little different.

I think if you didn't live together before the wedding then it will feel very different!
  • H and I lived together for 2 years before the wedding so we haven't had a major change. It does still feel different to me though. I didn't think it was possible, but I actually feel like I love him even more than I did before and like others have said, it's more real now. I'm sure it's all part of being a newlywed, but even the day-to-day stuff has been more enjoyable for me. Totally cheesy, but I had fun making his lunch yesterday, which was our first day back to work.

Anniversary
  • It is different. I feel so much more bonded to H. I feel like we can really claim each other now when before everything was kind of loose ended. Now he's my husband and I am his wife and we're responsable for each other in a different kind of way. I love it!
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • Yes and no. We had been living together for 3 years and tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary of being together. In our lifestyle, it doesn't feel that much different, since our living situation didn't change. I am sure that if we had not been living together, my answer would be different. But, in some ways, it dos feel different. I can't quite put my finger on it of what it is. But like others said, it feels more concrete. I feel our bond has become stronger, too. I also feel happier and more at peace. He also seems happier and a little more "touchy feely." Lol.
  • Honestly, I don't feel like anything is different. I always felt like we were married anyways, maybe when I see our new last names on my DL it will really set in...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree...  H and I lived together about 2 years before the wedding, and so in that way, it feels the same... but I definitely feel more connected, bonded, etc to him now.  And by his actions, I believe he does, as well. 

Strangely, though,  it was way easier for me to transition to wife, and calling him my husband, than fiance. I never really felt comfortable calling him my fiance, but husband feels so natural!
    Anniversary
  • Same here, we lived together for about 2 years before we got married, so no, day to day doesn't feel different at all... Same routine as normal, except I call him Hubby now lol....

On the other hand, we both feel that we are more connected. Neither one of us was ever going to go anywhere, but we just feel like it's sooooo much better now... he told me that he feels like now i know that he really wants to be with me... although, i'm pretty sure i already knew that.... i was totally secure with him, and felt no worry of ever splitting.... we bought a house a year ago, and basically knew we would never  part, but hey, if it makes him feel better, it makes me happy :)

so, yes and no!! haha!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_being-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:47022472-0166-4d8f-a14c-794895502c55Post:6c593a82-8a80-4756-9128-35a6275a6117">Being Married</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, Here it is June, meaning we are all married! Yay! So, who feels that it is different being married? My husband and I were talking about it last night and we both think it feels a little different. More real, more concrete, deeper. Day to day our lives feel about the same though. When my friends get married, I always ask them. I would say about half say yes and half say no! What about you? Does it feel different?
    Posted by kimberlykh[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you worded it well...day to day not so much, but there IS something different (in a good way) that I can't put my finger on that has improved about our relationship.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I had a patient the other day who was pretty excited that I had just gotten married.  She was talking about how marriage is awesome and how much she loves being married...and they have been married for 16 years!  Made me feel good, esp. after I was lurking on the "starting over" board on TN the other day (depressing.)</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It definitely feels different to me since H and I didn't live together beforehand.  We've waited 5 years for this!  I always use to spend the weekends at his apartment and every Sunday night I'd have to pack up everything into a purple laundry basket and go back home - it was the biggest pain in the butt ever.  H said to me the other night, "I'm so glad I'll never have to move that d*mn laundry basket again!"  Haha!  Seriously though, it's so nice to wake up next to him every morning - I love it!
    Anniversary
  • We've been together for 7.5 years and have been living together for 4 so our day to day really hasn't changed. We were already referred to as the old married couple within our group of friends.

Although I agree with careydes that the transition from FI to wife has been much easier than GF to FI. I never really got into calling him my FI, but HUSBAND just rolls off my tongue!!! Getting used to the new last name though has been tough and still feels (while super exciting) a little weird.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_being-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:47022472-0166-4d8f-a14c-794895502c55Post:453dc921-e253-4344-9d24-8ea5efd5afbf">Re: Being Married</a>:
    [QUOTE]Getting used to the new last name though has been tough and still feels (while super exciting) a little weird.
    Posted by bpphoto785[/QUOTE]

Definitely... I still feel like I'm faking.  Like, I'm just pretending that I have this new last name!
    Anniversary
  • Well we never lived together before so that's different! We love not talking on the phone every night and talking about our days in person and getting to go to sleep together every night. Other than that, I don't feel too different. I still feel like it hasn't hit me 100% yet lol. Yeah and I agree with PP...I feel like I'm pretending with my new last name.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_being-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:47022472-0166-4d8f-a14c-794895502c55Post:c8adb061-7dd2-457e-8c31-71392a9b56fb">Re: Being Married</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Being Married : Definitely... I still feel like I'm faking.  Like, I'm just pretending that I have this new last name!
    Posted by careydes[/QUOTE]

haha I feel this way too!  It's hard because I am still in the process of changing over all my credit cards and such, so 1/2 the time I'm 1 name and the other 1/2 I'm another!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_being-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:47022472-0166-4d8f-a14c-794895502c55Post:b9555c08-1826-4f84-8c02-2a92bec4d9bf">Re: Being Married</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think for each couple it's a different answer depending on life before the wedding. H and I have been living together almost 2 years now so for us it feels slightly different like you said more concrete and real. Other than that day to day life feels the same for now I know eventually it'll feel a little different. I think if you didn't live together before the wedding then it will feel very different!
    Posted by mancila60[/QUOTE]

This pretty much exactly!
    Me and my husband had been living together for almost two years when we got married. So the day to day stuff still feels the same. It feels great to call him my husband, and feel that sense of security I guess you could say.
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Honestly.... we fought pretty much every day for the first week after the wedding...I dont know if it was because we now had nothing to plan and were on vacation and together 24/7 but I was beginning to really wonder WTF changed!!! But about 2 days into the cruise we sat down and had a long talk about everything that was being left unsaid and had a great honeymoon after that. I guess for some reason finally being married also highlights the things you overlooked in eachother before...so its already a time of a lot of growing in our relationship. So yes, it has changed...its made us more honest and realizing we still need to continue to always learn and never assume.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_being-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:47022472-0166-4d8f-a14c-794895502c55Post:81512eb6-d014-4492-8baa-0205463ec05d">Re: Being Married</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes and no. We had been living together for 3 years and tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary of being together. In our lifestyle, it doesn't feel that much different, since our living situation didn't change. I am sure that if we had not been living together, my answer would be different. But, in some ways, it dos feel different. I can't quite put my finger on it of what it is. But like others said, it feels more concrete. I feel our bond has become stronger, too. I also feel happier and more at peace. He also seems happier and a little more "touchy feely." Lol.
    Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

vineyard I'm right there with you. We've been living together for 6 years, but it seems like once we decided to finally get married, we just felt more in love than I can ever remember. MY DH has been a lot more lovey dovey too, but we both do keep saying it doesnt' seem like anything has changed. Except my name, and he has insurance now that we're married. LOL But I do have that little feeling like, yep he's stuck with me now. LOL
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards