Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehersal Dinner help!

My fiance and I are having a destination wedding with about 40 people attending.  We are paying for the wedding and honeymoon ourselves and the cost of a rehersal dinner is too much for that many people.  Is there a way to word it as a pre-wedding dinner or some other way to ask guests to pay for themselves or is that tacky?

Re: Rehersal Dinner help!

• Options
    mia888mia888 member
    First Comment
    your rehearsal dinner doesn't have to be as formal as your wedding reception and you don't have to spend so much for it. rehearsal dinners are usually casual ones - even a backyard barbeque party is already a good rehearsal dinner. and you don't have to invite all the 40 wedding guests you have. the wedding party and those taking part in the rehearsals are the people that should be in your RD. and lastly, yes, you should pay for it. traditionally, the mother of the groom/familly of the groom takes care of this financially but in these times, the couple themselves do take charge.
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the advice.

• Options
    We are having a super informal RD at the park where we will be married.  Our rehearsal will be short and sweet, just like our ceremony :)  My parents are footing the bill for pretty much everything and my Fi's mom is basically being un involved... but that's a different post all together!  Anyhow, we decided we are going to get mexican food to go and have someone pick it up and bring it to the park to have after.  We'll get a tray or 2 of meat, beans, rice, and tortillas.  We're going to use paper plates & cups... easy as pie... ooh, maybe we should have some pie :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards