Kentucky

getting makeup done at mall on wedding day-- advice?

Has anyone thought of getting their makeup done at the mall on their wedding day? I don't have anyone to do my makeup, or have the talent to do my own, so i was considering going for a makeover at sephora or mac at fayette mall. Is this risky or do you think they would do a good job? any advice? 

Re: getting makeup done at mall on wedding day-- advice?

• Have you thought about getting one of those makeovers at either MAC or Sephora before the wedding and taking a girlfriend/bridesmaid with you.  You can both get pointers and help each other out to practice before the big day and help out on the big day?  I'm not so sure I'd wanna deal with Fayette Mall parking crowds, etc on my wedding day.  

Definitely go for a trial beforehand and if you do go for it on your wedding day, make sure the same person is the one doing it with the same products to achieve the same look.

Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Look for Isidro Valencia on Facebook ,he is very very good, I'm going to hire him to do my makeup . And he's rates are good, I think about 40-60 dls. And he also can do your hair... My name is Danny Martinez just in case if he ask how you know about him.
  • I am getting my wedding day makeup doen at the MAC counter and I have used them for other weddings that I have been in. They do a great job, you purchase $50 of product and that covers all of your makeup. They advised me to call about a month in advance to schedule my appointment. Hope this helps
  • kayleaandweskayleaandwes member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm also having MAC do my make up. From what I was told, they do a special thing for brides bc they know you need to do a trial, and then a day of. So you book your trial and day of, and on either of those days you just get $50 worth of their make up (totally worth it!) and both sessions are free. I'm actually getting married in Knoxville, so that was at the MAC there, but since it's a national chain, im' sure it would be the same in Kentucky. 
    Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards