Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sitting on a bunch of plastic partyware

So I did a good amount of research and numbers for table linens. At first I wanted linens, then I gave in to plastic covers, but now I want linens, but I'm sitting on a bunch of disposable wedding items. So, I just have to put my big girl pants on and deal with it.

The plastic table covers I have are a ivory/vanilla color. Now, my colors are brown, burgundy, and ivory. I was thinking about having ivory table covers and having a brown runner (same material as the tablecover) for the guests tables; or I could also do it in reverse, but I think it may look to dark. Then, I have burgundy napkins that I can place at each place setting with a fork, spoon, and knife wrapped into another napkin but you brown and ivory napkins for this.

Basically I am sitting on a bunch of stuff and I need to make the best of it. Our centerpieces are just a small vase with wild fall flowers with a brown ribbon and two candles for each table. The tables are eight foot with metal folding chairs. I know it sounds so romantic....not. I need to make the best out of it so I need some positiveideas please.

Re: Sitting on a bunch of plastic partyware

• Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_sitting-on-a-bunch-of-plastic-partyware?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:e2a13cd2-fd5f-40bd-bdf4-200af6324271Post:b8f98c88-2807-4844-8e36-da1c1edb5edb">Sitting on a bunch of plastic partyware</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I did a good amount of research and numbers for table linens. At first I wanted linens, then I gave in to plastic covers, but now I want linens, but I'm sitting on a bunch of disposable wedding items. So, I just have to put my big girl pants on and deal with it. The plastic table covers I have are a ivory/vanilla color. Now, my colors are brown, burgundy, and ivory. I was thinking about having ivory table covers and having a brown runner (same material as the tablecover) for the guests tables; or I could also do it in reverse, but I think it may look to dark. Then, I have burgundy napkins that I can place at each place setting with a fork, spoon, and knife wrapped into another napkin but you brown and ivory napkins for this. Basically I am sitting on a bunch of stuff and I need to make the best of it. Our centerpieces are just a small vase with wild fall flowers with a brown ribbon and two candles for each table. The tables are eight foot with metal folding chairs. I know it sounds so romantic....not. I need to make the best out of it so I need some positiveideas please.
    Posted by grizzly04[/QUOTE]

Sell the plastic stuff on Craigslist and buy new linens from smartyhadaparty.com or linentablecloth.com

ETA:  I bought linens from smartyhadaparty.com in ivory. They were beautiful and I probably spent less than $400.00 total, and I bought linens for 9 round tables and 12, 10 foot long picnic tables as well as linens for the buffet table, the DJ table, the appetizer table, the cake table and the card box table.   I know the disposables are a lot cheaper, but if you can swing it, then just buy new linens and stop worrying about it.
  • Options
    If you must stick with the plastic coverings, I would suggest buying polyester runners to add a nice touch. I do plastic coverings and pintuck runners quite often during the holidays and it is always affordably nice. Check out efavormart.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards