Canada-Ontario

XP: Canadian Knotties - Long Shot Favor

FI and I take a lot of road trips; and we tend to look for local unqiue snacks in convenience stores along the way.

A few years ago we were in Canada and came across Lay's Roasted Chicken flavor potato chips.  We would really like to have them as our late night snack at the reception.

Unfortunately, Lay's does not distribute this flavor in the states nor would they ship me a box.

I know you don't know me from Adam and this is a crazy request from an internet stranger; but I would love if someone would be willing to order and ship me some of these.  I would need 120 snack size bags.  I would happily PayPal you the money.

Re: XP: Canadian Knotties - Long Shot Favor

• SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I can look around for you, I haven't seen them lately but I also haven't really been looking.

ETA: The Lays website says they're only available in Atlantic Canada, maybe you could contact a store on the east coast who would be willing to work with you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Great - thanks.  I can't imagine why you wouldn't spend all your time looking for roast chicken chips ;)

• I'm in Ontario (Toronto area) and don't recall seeing these outside of a special promotion a few years ago :(   I'll keep my eyes open for some though.

Good luck checking Eastern Canada!  I know that similar ones were also sold in the UK last summer, so you could try to check internationally.  However, the shipping may be astronomical LoL   A friend brought some back from her trip to London, including turkey dinner chips!  They literally had every flavour from a turkey dinner, I felt like I was in Willy Wonka.
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks.  I did have someone send me a link to Walkers Roast Chicken Crisps that I can pick up in Delaware.  If we can't get our hands on the Lays brand - they will be an excellent Plan B.

• Walkers!  Yes!  They're the one's who had the turkey chips.  And they had really gross ones too, which I think I blocked out from traumatization.    Maybe a type of seafood?

Glad you found a backup option!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_xp-canadian-knotties-long-shot-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:8f71bf91-7cd0-4df3-bfb2-277648cb9c70Post:925453d9-ec37-44d1-9bbc-9b7b1ac49e2d">Re: XP: Canadian Knotties - Long Shot Favor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Walkers!  Yes!  They're the one's who had the turkey chips.  And they had really gross ones too, which I think I blocked out from traumatization.    <strong>Maybe a type of seafood</strong>? Glad you found a backup option!
    Posted by JennLax[/QUOTE]

Prawn aka Shrimp Crisps are very popular in the UK.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards