Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Timing

Hello,
I'm getting married outside on July 20th and my fiance and I are trying to figure out the best time to have our ceremony. We are doing heavy hor d'oeuvres instead of a sit down dinner so I don't want to have it too close to a meal time. All the guests have to be gone by 11pm. So we were think 2pm, 4pm or 6pm. I'm leaning more towards 6pm and my fiance is leaning more toward 3pm. I want people to have fun and dance at the wedding and I'm afraid if it is too early people won't want to dance.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!!Laughing

Re: Ceremony Timing

• For outside in July I would think 6pm might be best.  If your guests are sitting outside with no shade in the middle of July, I wouldn't want to do that at 3 pm.  Are they in a tent our outside with no shade?
  • SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    4 pm and 6 pm fall on a meal time, FYI. If you're serving enough food to constitute a meal, then that's fine. Otherwise, have your wedding from 2 to 5 pm or 8 to 11 pm.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Dito SKPM.

If you aren't doing a full meal or enough food to constitute a meal, your reception is going to be shorter. Plain and simple. If you have a 6pm wedding, just increase the number of pieces per person to about 15 - 20 depending on the type of foods they are.

No offence, but I wouldn't go to a 2pm wedding and stay until 11. That's just wayy too long and I'm sure most of your guests will feel the same.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-timing-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:d256c7d3-9d7a-42c5-812d-7e544a62d36ePost:d8e87984-22c5-4cef-b866-e0de7f39ab38">Re: Ceremony Timing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dito SKPM. If you aren't doing a full meal or enough food to constitute a meal, your reception is going to be shorter. Plain and simple. If you have a 6pm wedding, just increase the number of pieces per person to about 15 - 20 depending on the type of foods they are. No offence, but I wouldn't go to a 2pm wedding and stay until 11. That's just wayy too long and I'm sure most of your guests will feel the same.
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>Not to mention, if it's 2-11, you will need to provide a meal.  If you do heavy apps, you can serve enough peices to constitute a meal, but this usually ends up costing more than just doing a buffet or plated meal.</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Thanks everyone. I wasn't planning on doing the wedding from 2pm to 11pm. I was just saying we have the space until 11pm, so they wedding can start later. We have the site from 10am to 11pm so we can have the wedding any time within that window. I was thinking 4pm would be too hot too. Although in Oregon it probably won't get past 85 degrees. I'm leaning much more towards 6pm or maybe 6:30pm. Thank you everyone for your advice!!! It is really helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards