Christian Weddings
Options

QOTW - Week of 2/13/2011 - Scriptures/Readings

Will you/did you include scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?  Who will read?

Re: QOTW - Week of 2/13/2011 - Scriptures/Readings

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had two scripture readings - Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-13.  

The first scripture read in the ceremony was the love chapter (1 Cor.).  The reader was the son of two very special people in my life that could not attend our wedding.  His parents were like grandparents to me and were very special to my parents down through the years.  They were in Nashville and could not travel for the wedding.  So their son (who is also very special to me) attended with his wife and read the scripture.

My younger sister (an ordained minister and my MOH) read the Ecclesiastes scripture.  Then she spoke for a few minutes about the role of Christ in our home and what it was going to mean for us to be a team with Christ as our cornerstone.  Part of our plan was to braid the cord of three strands during this time but when it came to that part of the ceremony, I didn't know where it was so we skipped it.
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    FI's dad is basing the "sermonette" on Ephesians 5:22-33, and one of my pastors is doing a Gospel presentation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am not sure what we are doing yet...but you are giving me all great things to think about! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now I'm thinking we'll use something from Colossians 3:12-17, but I also love the Ephesians 5 passage.  We start our pre-marital counseling with the pastor on March 20, so we'll also see what kind of ideas he has for us.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's aunt is doing a reading. Not sure which yet, but I do like 1 John 4: 7-12. And whatever the pastor includes in her message that day. 
  • Options

I think our officiant will read whatever we choose, but I'm not sure what that is yet.  :P

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards