Pennsylvania

DJ in the Poconos - under $1000??

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations on DJs in the Poconos that are under 1000$???  Preferably only like half that?  That possible?   Ideally I'd like to spend around 500 that but from what I've been reading DJs are expensive!  I haven't started getting quotes yet (i know, i know but I am awful with things like that and negotiations :( ) so if anyone has any good dj recs I will start there!  Thanks!

Re: DJ in the Poconos - under $1000??

• emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jon K at Laser DJ in Bethlehem. We had him for a 6 hr reception with a customized monogram light and paid $750 cash.

When you get quotes from DJ's ask if they give discounts if you pay cash. We did this with a few of our vendors and it def. helped.

ETA: He was awesome and I'd highly recommed him and his company.
  • edited December 2011
    http://brianhenshaw.topcities.com/djbriank/weddings.html

Brian was AMAZING--he did our ceremony music and the whole reception--no easy feat as they were in 2 seperate locations about 20 miles apart!
    My late husband and I wanted a heavily 80's music reception...and wanted our DJ to be super professional as it was a black tie affair at the Woodlands in Wilkes Barre.
    I cannot say enough about him and all of my guests raved about him!!
    Most imp....he was SO affordable!!!!
    Call him and please tell him Adina referred you...if you tell him my husband was Jeff he will know who i am!!
    Good Luck!
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking for an affordable DJ too and not being familiar with anything in the area, makes it hard to know who to choose from.

This helps, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BeckyBevillBeckyBevill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try Paris Kiriakis from Good Vibrations 570-620-1910 ..he is on alot of preferred vendors lists and has alot of good recommendations. He will work with you on price. I did my research on DJ's up there and have compared quite a few. If you tell him you got a lower quote from someone else, he usually trys to compare! Tell him Becky Bevill referred you. we just booked with him..good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    My Friend used D.H. Productions in Bethlehem, they did a nice job & had everyone involved, she said they even did a payment plan which made everything really easy and it was 750. Her wedding was at Stroudmoor - She had lights and party props and a female DJ, who wasnt annoying like some of the guy DJ's I see lol

Good luck to you & your fiance!
    Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    We have decided to go with Kris Sheridan from top shelf music. His cost is only $600 and he offers to play guitar during dinner if you would like.  He came highly recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards