Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

The Flying Bridge & Coonamessett Inn

Hi there,
I have been to look at both places and love each site for different reasons (flying bridge-amazing water view location & room, the inn- the fantastic room... both places also have the same menu). I have been trying to decide which location I would like to have my reception at. No matter what place I decide to go with will be great,(they are under the same ownership). I just wanted to know if any of you could share with me your opinions/experiences with these sites.
I really appreciate it and thank you in advance!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Flying Bridge & Coonamessett Inn

• Options
    erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I went to a RD at Flying Bridge this fall and the wedding at Coonamessett Inn.  The food at Flying Bridge was good but I didn't care for the atmosphere.  It was at night so maybe that was it (you couldn't see the water views) but it was really dark and not a lot of character.  The wedding the next day was at Coonamessett was really great.  Food, staff, setup, and decor were all really nice.  From what I've heard too it's not very expensive either.  I'd go for Coonamessett for the reception and look for somewhere other than Flying Bridge for the RD.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to weddings at both. I can see why you are having trouble deciding, they are both great! I personally like the Flying bridge better. I think it has that Cape Cod feel to it, if that what you want! I think the coonamessett is a little more formal.  I was the MOH in a wedding at the Bridge and we had such amazing pictures, her ceremony was early enough so that everyone could take in the ocean views. we actually took Bill's (the owner) sail boat  to the reception from across the harbor it was amazing!! What church are you getting married at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have attended wedding s at both & I'm having my wedding this June at the Flying Bridge.  I love it.  I thought the room at the Coonamesset, although very beautiful,  was a little too stuffy/fancy for our taste.  We are going for more of the Cape Cod party atmosphere for my west coast family.  We chose the noon wedding so we can enjoy the water views & still go out & party after the wedding  :)  But since they are sister venues I think both have great reputations.  The food is to die for & the Casual Gormet cakes are too! 

But I think that either place will be great.  Has your FI been to visit both places?  My FI loved the Flying Bridge & he actually made the decision very easy for me! 

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    ae311ae311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes FI has been to both places with me. He loved them both too! We want a very beachy wedding looking at June next year(what i've always wanted--raised on cape). I think The Flying Bridge is perfect for that CC beachy feeling, but I LOVED the big open space of the room at The Coonamessett Inn.. I have been going back and forth on both sites since September and CAN NOT make up my mind. We are going to look at both places again next weekend because I read on here last month that The Flying Bridge was being updated so I want to go back and take another look before we decide what to do.

Nurse Lori..how have the staff been at The Flying Bridge working with you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both sites are great..... summer time I would go flying bridge.. Sept-April Cooney.. the food is fabulous.....the gold reception is best choice~!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The staff at the bridge has been great to work with so far.  Darlene is awesome!!!  We have an appt with her next friday to finalize all the details.  I agree with the above post about the Gold reception menu being the best. 
    Just an FYI, I just got a letter that said as long as our menu is finalized by March they will honor 2009 prices.  I'm not sure if that offer extends to new bookings, but if you choose them it wouldn't hurt to ask!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards