Nebraska-Omaha

On the news...

"The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: On the news...

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw this! I actually considered using this place for our wedding photos, so I'm definitely glad I didn't.
  • edited December 2011
    I checked all my vendors out on BBB before I signed anything. :)
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I rarely get on these boards, but I definitely need to for this post.  Please be VERY cautious how much you trust the face value of these reports.  I know Jeff very well, and work with him on a regular basis.  Be assured that, although I'm sure there was a misunderstanding of timing and expectations between him and his client, the information reported by McKnight was reported out of context and this has caused people a lot of unnecessary and undeserved harm.  What I can say with full certainty is that the girls on here who do have him booked have nothing to worry about.  He will follow through on his commitments and you will have wonderful wedding photos!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:27a977f1-25c2-4aac-adc2-6bb93510bb86Post:256f2617-9a7c-4e6b-8d6b-22da6e8acc01">Re: On the news...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I rarely get on these boards, but I definitely need to for this post.  Please be VERY cautious how much you trust the face value of these reports.  I know Jeff very well, and work with him on a regular basis.  Be assured that, although I'm sure there was a misunderstanding of timing and expectations between him and his client, the information reported by McKnight was reported out of context and this has caused people a lot of unnecessary and undeserved harm.  What I can say with full certainty is that the girls on here who do have him booked have nothing to worry about.  He will follow through on his commitments and you will have wonderful wedding photos!
    Posted by mbarone1[/QUOTE]

It was more then just 1 client...look at his BBB reports...he has an F rating. The BBB fully looks in to every complaint given, and not every complaint will affect a rating. It only affects a rating if the BBB proves the complaint to be true. So if this company has enough true complaints to deserve an F rating, then obviously this company does not have good business practices. I'm sure some girls have had good experiences, as with ANY business, but obviously a lot of people are having bad experiences.
  • edited December 2011
    Perhaps it's not the BBB rating that I'm most concerned about...it's how many people I'm hearing from that have had issues with his company over the last couple of years. He may be the nicest guy on the planet, but that doesn't mean he has business management skills. From what I've heard from MULTIPLE clients of his, is that they have been waiting AT LEAST a year..I'm certain that the given time was less than that in their contracts...nobody in their right mind would give someone hundreds or thousands of dollars and then wait over a year for the product. Nobody here was bashing him personally, we just would rather use a more reliable business as our photographer. 
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:27a977f1-25c2-4aac-adc2-6bb93510bb86Post:40465bfb-3243-426f-8522-cdaef867236c">Re: On the news...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps it's not the BBB rating that I'm most concerned about...it's how many people I'm hearing from that have had issues with his company over the last couple of years. He may be the nicest guy on the planet, but that doesn't mean he has business management skills. From what I've heard from MULTIPLE clients of his, is that they have been waiting AT LEAST a year..I'm certain that the given time was less than that in their contracts...nobody in their right mind would give someone hundreds or thousands of dollars and then wait over a year for the product. Nobody here was bashing him personally, we just would rather use a more reliable business as our photographer. 
    Posted by rachjim[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.
  • edited December 2011
    :) 
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Jeff Pope has been great for us. I'm confident in his ability to deliver on the day of the event. He's done our engagement pictures and had those back to us within three weeks, as promised.

While he was taking our engagement pictures he explained to us how crappy his personal life was for awhile. Apparently he went through a nasty divorce and was in a car accident with his four little girls which resulted in some financial troubles.

After that story aired, I talked to him about three times. I was very concerned- as any bride would be. He apologized, explained how Mike McNight didn't didn't use all of his quote. He did give those people back all of their money and their pictures. They weren't left with absolutely nothing. They essentially got free engagement pictures. I think Mike McNight needs to be less one-sided in his reporting. I know he has to make who he's reporting on look like the bad guy, but he also has a responsibility to report the truth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards