Wisconsin

Need Non-Church Ceremony Site in Waukesha/Milwaukee Area

HeyAll,
We're getting married 10-13-12 and have the reception site already in Waukesha, however having a hard time finding the right ceremony location. We do not want the ceremony to be in a church, and are hesitant to have it outside with how unpredictable WI weather can be at this time of year; therefore need a reasonably priced location that fits our autumn/rustic theme wedding.
Any thoughts were to look??
Thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Non-Church Ceremony Site in Waukesha/Milwaukee Area

• I'm getting married in Lapham Peak State Park in Delafield - they have a nice building (cabin-like with wooden walls & fireplace) that seats 100.  However, you do need to pay to get into the park. 

Otherwise, can you have the ceremony at your reception location?  I know you don't want church, but there's also the Chapel at St John's Military Academy to consider - http://www.sjnma.org/page.cfm?p=266
  • We did our ceremony at our reception location, is that an option for you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Thanks for your input ladies! There is the option to do the ceremony at the reception location, however it's only if it's outside. I checked the weather for the last few years during our date and it's too inconsistent that I'm a little too nervous to have it outdoors. I'll check out St. John's and Lapham Peak.
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you checked the Rotunda in Waukesha? I had a friend just get married there.  Also, I don't know anything about this place but I stumbled upon it when looking for my venue: Loft & Chapel At Cedar Ridge.
  • FYI - we did our ceremony with everyone seated at their dinner tables.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at St. John's Military Academy in Delafield.  We also considered Humphrey Memorial Chapel at Carroll University, but our date conflicated with graduation.

Both are non-denominational chapels.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are getting married at the Sneeden house at Carroll University, it's beautiful and the guy is super nice and easy to work with, if you're interested PM me and I will give you more details! As far as rainy day weather, they have a beautiful 'chapel' that they will reserve for you as well! My fiance is atheist and we didn't really want a church wedding either but it doesn't look like a church--he checked it out and it looks kind of like a ballroom type room. Lovely no matter what!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are getting married at the Polish Center of Wisconsin in Franklin.  It's very beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Camp Whitcomb/Mason out in Merton/Sussex area
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards