Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Hotels Near Willowbend?

I'm having my ceremony and reception at Willowbend in Mashpee, MA in July 2010. I'm trying to find a decent, big hotel for my guests that is nearby but am having trouble. All the Holiday Inn-type hotels are in Falmouth or Hyannis, roughly 8 -10 miles away. I don't really want to block a bunch of small hotels in Mashpee because we plan on providing transportation, and that makes it more complicated! Anyone have any suggestions? Or even suggestions within Falmouth if nothing else?

Re: Hotels Near Willowbend?

• Options
    CaitlinB516CaitlinB516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had an answer for you, but I just wanted to say hi to a fellow Willowbend bride! I am having my reception there on 9/25/10 and I am having the same problem. I'm probably going to go with the larger hotels in Falmouth. We tried to find affordable accomodations in Mashpee but all we found were seedy motels. I feel like there should at least be SOMETHING near the commons. Good luck!!
    September 25, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we're thinking now that we're going to end up at the Admiralty or Holiday Inn in Falmouth. Are you providing transportation? That's the only problem with them being so far away, transportation is so expensive! Have you looked at the Santuit Inn that's on Rt 28? Supposedly that just got re-done, I haven't seen it, but someone recommended it to me. We're getting married on 7/17/10, so a lot of the hotels are imposing two night minimums on our guests, which makes it even more annoying! Are you and your fiancee going to stay in the villas at Willowbend? We're going to do that, and are going to try to get most of our friends to do that as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Inn on the square in falmouth is pretty nice! Also Harbor Walk right on falmouth harbor.
  • Options
    CaitlinB516CaitlinB516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are definitely staying at the villas. Have you seen them yet? My parents took a tour and absolutely loved them! I can't wait to see them myself.For guest transportation, I think I saw a post a while ago about a school bus company (First Student?) and we're thinking about going with them. We didn't want to spend money on this but that road is so long and winding that I would never feel safe letting people leave the wedding on their own. I stayed at the Admirality on the 4th of july 3 or 4 years ago and it was great for a bunch of college kids but you might want to take a look at it first. It has probably changed since then though! How many guests are you inviting?? My email is CaitBrierley@gmail.com if you ever want to bounce ideas off me!!
    September 25, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents live down the street from Willowbend.  You are right, there are not a lot of options!  Have you thought about renting a house for the week?  Our bridal party is almost all out-of-towners so that's what we are thinking about doing.  When my parents have family visit (that can't fit in the guest rooms) they usually stay in Hyannis.  Also try the Josiah Sampson House- bed and breakfast- it is really close - they might be willing to cut you a deal if you fill multiple rooms.  Hope this helps- good luck!
  • Options
    CaitMcD24CaitMcD24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation - we are getting married at Willowbend on 10-16-10. We have been looking at the Cape Codder in Hyannis and also the Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis - the Cape Codder offers a block discount if you have a breakfast or brunch there the morning after the wedding. To those who are staying at the villas - are you not having a lot of people stay over? I have a huge family and lots of people are going to need rooms so I don't think that will work for us. Also we were going back and forth between Hyannis and Falmouth bearing in mind we will have the rehersal dinner near which ever town we pick the hotel to make things easier. I would love to know how you girls have found Willowbend to be thus far? Intially we had some issues with them that have made me really nervous - but I have only heard great things about them from people who have attended weddings there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Cait McD - What happened to you at Willowbend that gave you a bad impression? So far we've had nothing but a positive experience. My parents are members of Willowbend, though, so maybe we're getting different treatment? We ended up blocking two hotels in Falmouth, and then the Santuit Inn in Masphee, and then some people are staying at the villas at Willowbend. The Santuit is soo close to WB. It's really small and in kind of a weird location (right on Rt 28) but the rooms are really nice and the rates are very cheap ($100 a night). We're only having 150 at the wedding, and a lot of them live in Falmouth, so it sounds like we're not looking for as many rooms as you - I think we only need 60 rooms total.
  • Options
    senorita333senorita333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My sister just had her wedding last June at WB and everything was beautiful and perfect- the people there are awesome.

We did rehearsal and brunch next day after the wedding in Falmouth so people stayed there

SHoreway Acres was AWESOME
    Holiday Inn

Inn on the square

also tons of B and Bs

give guests some options then let them pick ...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards