May 2012 Weddings

Wedding Shoe Game?

Is anyone doing the Wedding Shoe Game?? FI and I would like to do it but have only seen it done at one other wedding. Do people around our age (24-27) think this is a waste of time, funny, etc.? I think FI and I are going to do it but I'm not sure how long I'll make it... depending on how into it our guests are... thoughts?!

Re: Wedding Shoe Game?

• I have honestly never heard of this and am now very curious! Please explain!
  • Yes what is a wedding shoe game?
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • edited April 2012
    haha here is my version: bride and groom sit in the middle of dance floor and switch one shoe with each other (each has a bride shoe and a groom shoe). The DJ will ask questions like, "Who is the better singer?" and then the bride and groom holds up the shoe with who they think is the better singer. There's lots of questions the DJ could ask but of course we would provide them with a list of questions to ask. It was fun at the one wedding I went to but that's because I have known the couple since middle school. =o)

Here's are two websites I found with pretty good questions and a longer version. =o)

• I think it's a cool idea! Maybe come up with 10-15 questions, do the ones you really like first and then you can stop if the guests are not into it and continue if they are.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're doing this!!

I think as long as you keep the questions to a minimum it's a lot of fun!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sounds cute, but I wouldn't make it last more then like 10 questions...
    Anniversary
  • I've only seen it done at a rehearsal dinner.  I thought it was really cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad you shared this! I think my new favorite question is:
    If both of you are trapped on an island where there is no food, who will most likely eat the other to stay alive?
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • I never knew about this. Kind of cute. Maybe we'll do this. But I would say no more than 10 questions. People might get board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wedding-shoe-game?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2cfd8915-a1bd-4b33-a0f8-6c43faa776f0Post:9ddb4ff1-d13b-41bd-b5ac-02bc0dfbfa6e">Re: Wedding Shoe Game?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you shared this! I think my new favorite question is: <strong>If both of you are trapped on an island where there is no food, who will most likely eat the other to stay alive?
    </strong>Posted by bpphoto785[/QUOTE]

Ha! i *LOVE* this question --- you should totally use it!
    Anniversary
  • Oh that sounds so fun!!!! I may do this at the rehearsal dinner instead of the wedding!
  • As a guest after 5 questions its like okay be done already lol

• I've seen it done, after 5-7 question it gets boring....but the older guests always seem to love it.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We're doing it! I was wondering how many questions, too. I think 5-7 sounds like enough.
  • We are doing this. I think it is fun/funny. Just don't keep it too long. Your dj will take care of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it sounds cute, but I agree, I would keep it to about 5-7 questions. 
  • I want to do this!! I've seen it on four weddings a couple of times and it's adorable. But I think 10 questions tops and probably stop after 7 or so. 
  • doesn't someone else make the questions so they're a surprise to you? otherwise, won't it be a little staged?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've seen this done at my FIs cousins wedding, if she hadn't done it then I totally would! I also saw it on Four Weddings, they had dolls though instead of shoes. It's cute and fun but I would keep it to around 7 questions or so. My favorite question FIs cousin did was "Who has the craziest family?" It was too funny because the groom immediately put up his own shoe and you could tell the bride didn't know what to do then slowly put up his shoe. Everyone laughed and it was a hit at her wedding. Of course, that question will depend on your families.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards