Offbeat Weddings

A Quick Intro

Hello!  I am new to the Offbeat Wedding board, so I thought I'd do a quick intro.  My FI and I got engaged last Friday.  Prior to asking me, he checked in with my 8 year old daughter to make sure she still wanted us to get married.  She became very serious, took a deep breath in and said, "Yes, I do!"  After he said he would propose to me soon, she told him that Macy's was having a sale on rings. (Never misses a beat, that kid!)

So, here we are a couple of music/synth/science nerds planning a wedding.  We have a ways to go before the wedding (just under two years), so that we can save up for the kind of celebration and honeymoon we want.  Apart from the photographer and venue, which we want to book early, we are mostly in the idea generating stage.

Things we think we want to do:
Incorporate records into the decor
Play Vangelis for the processional/recessional
Minimize floral decor
Dispense with traditional "moments," like wedding party speeches, bouquet toss, and so on
A chocolate fondue fountain instead of a wedding cake

I look forward to getting to know some other offbeat brides and drawing inspiration from each other!

Re: A Quick Intro

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Congrats, what a sweet story. :)
  • That's an adorable story!
    Welcome to our board :) We're not as active as some of the others, but everyone here is really helpful!
    I know we've had other brides on here that have used records in their decor! Hopefully they will chime in here. I've seen some AWESOME record decorations!
  • congrats! I am doing the records for my wedding i found alot of cute ideas from google.Just type in things like record wedding decor,record centerpieces,etc. There is alot of great ideas.I have been looking for a website that sells the records for cheap but i cant find any so ive been going around to thrift store and just buying them a little at a time.Then we are going to cover up the center with something cute and personalized.

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Schatzi, I looked that up.  Awesome!  Unfortunately, math makes FI's head hurt.  ;)
    We will probably go with more astronomy inspired ideas if we decide to tie that in.  Thanks for the suggestion.

BMcLeodTeam and jemma, I know there are cool record decorations out there.  We haven't even started looking yet.  FI used to DJ and has a bunch of records that he wouldn't mind using for decor.  At first he thought of molding them for a bowl or something, but I couldn't decide what we would fill it with that fit with our taste.  When he first suggested that, I googled it and we found really cool pics of bowls made from records.

I know I just have to go have some fun looking up record decor for inspiration.  Ultimately, this is FI's baby.  He is the one with the skills to make it happen.  :)

• Looking for inspiration is definitely the fun part, that's when you can let your imagination loose :)
  • I'm no help with the inspiration but I just wanted to say welcome and congrats!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards